[Hanged Man Sidebar]: Rhagast's Row (DM: H.M.Gimlord, Judge! Quick! A judge!)

covaithe

Explorer
OOC: Yeah, I can probably do that. I haven't been reading it, though, so it may take me a while to catch up. If there's something specific you want me to see quickly, a mention or something would probably be good.

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
Phoenix turns the faceted emerald and vanishes in a flash of green light. Lerrick hovers alone in the air about about a foot off the ground, and then clatters to the floor of The Hanged Man. She stares at the ring in disbelief wishing Phoenix the best of luck.

[sblock=Phoenix]As soon as you turn the ring, a brilliant flash of green light temporarily blinds you, and you find yourself at the bottom of a deep, dry well.

You estimate that it is thirty feet to the surface.

The walls of the well are dry and rough. Climbing out would not be impossible.
OOC: Athletics/Acrobatics DC 20: Failure by less than 5 means you make it half way and need another check to get out. Failure by more than 5 means you fall taking 2d10 damage
To your right is a small orifice in the rock where you can hear the gurgling of water, but the water level is too low to make its way into the bottom of the well.

From above, you can barely make out the sound of metal clashing with metal as if a melee were underway. From the sound, it seems like a one-on-one struggle. [sblock=Perception DC 23]You are sure you hear a burly voice shouting, "Come back with our boat you confounded minotaur!"[/sblock][/sblock]

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Phoenix takes a moment to gather her bearings, then activates her Spidersilk Mantle to walk up the well wall and onto the surface, weapons drawn and ready.

[sblock=17 Perception]1d20+10=17[/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
On Phoenix's way up the well, she notices a place on the wall where a paver has been displaced. Atop the wayward paver rests a curious coin depicting a storm on one side and an axe on the other. The coin rather large (about 2 1/2 inches in diameter) and made of solid gold. Around the edge of the coin are several runic markings that she cannot decipher.

When she reaches the top of the well, she finds herself inside a structure so ruined that it seems a miracle that it still stands. Stairs lead up to a second floor, but through the holes in the wall, she hears voices from without.

Curiously, she steps outside the structure into the light of a rising sun, and five sihouettes turn in unison (and surprise).

The shortest one, apparently a dwarf, speaks to her gruffly, "And would it be too much to suppose that you can explain all this!?"
OOC: Click on "outside" to join the fun. Welcome to Land Ho

dimsdale

First Post
Phoenix turns the faceted emerald and vanishes in a flash of green light. Lerrick hovers alone in the air about about a foot off the ground, and then clatters to the floor of The Hanged Man. She stares at the ring in disbelief wishing Phoenix the best of luck.

Lerrick shakes her head, then lifts herself of the floor. Woooaa!

ooc: nicely done.

Remove ads