• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Hanlding Spell Resistance

axp_dave

First Post
When a player casts a spell against multiple creatures with spell resistance, do you have the player roll once to ovrecome SR for all creatures, or do you have the player roll once per targeted enemy? Is there anything in the rules about this??

Thank you,
David

Giddeon

First Post
axp_dave said:
When a player casts a spell against multiple creatures with spell resistance, do you have the player roll once to ovrecome SR for all creatures, or do you have the player roll once per targeted enemy? Is there anything in the rules about this??

Thank you,
David

As a spellcaster, I know it really takes the wind out of my sails when It is a make or break when dealing with multiple targets with SR. As a DM, I roll it individually for the player's sake because after all, they are individuals with different chances. It only takes a few extra seconds to do this and the players would definately appreciate it. Of course if the dice just aren't on their side, there is always the vise for the dice!!!!

Li Shenron

Legend
axp_dave said:

Thank you,
David

The PHB specifically says that you roll a separate caster level check for EACH monster with SR.

Goolpsy

First Post
i would at least roll once for each spell... you could say that the roll is like the power within the casted spell... i.e. its the same for everybody...

But of course as a DM I roll for each of the players seperately..

Remove ads