Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
Ah, I would like the ability to go home and just do nothing.
Ditto. I haven't had the chance to do nothing in such a long time.

I fondly remember moments from years ago of just lying in grass at a summer cottage and reading a book with nothing on the schedule. Or fishing. And the fishing was brilliant, because at the lake I went to you never caught anything so the fish didn't interrupt it.

Last edited:

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Actually, as much as I would enjoy some moments alone doing nothing, I think I most prefer to spend those moments with my girlfriend. She and I agreed once that if we could make money by being together, then would never need to separate and go to work. :)

So yeah, being with her is my preferred activity of choice, even more preferred than doing nothing.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Having no money, having no car, having nowhere to go except the internet for over a year, not physically strong enough to do the enjoyable stuff such as hiking, biking, no money to court a southern lady, A colostomy bag that keeps me from ANY water activity, including fishing, And water activities are my favorite things!!! That is not the nothing you want to have.

I have been effectively broke for about 6 years now. No vacation to go on, owing friends several thousand dollars, no where to go even when I was healthy. I have been at or below poverty for way more of my life then this. I was born in poverty. It sucks hind mammon. I was just getting my head above water up to 2007. I am tired of it. I turn 50 next month. Social security won't exist when I retire. And now I am still under medical recovery with 3 to 5 years to go.

Let me re-iterate: That is not the nothing you want to have.

/rant

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
on a funny note, I found this:

Code:
[COLOR=#000000]
MSDS: Dihydrogen Monoxide Dihydrogen monoxide (also known as hydric acid) is responsible for injury, death, and
 property damage all over the world. Visit the [/COLOR][URL="http://www.dhmo.org/"][COLOR=#000000]Dihydrogen Monoxide Research Division[/COLOR][/URL][COLOR=#000000] online at [/COLOR][URL="http://www.dhmo.org"][COLOR=#000000]www.dhmo.org[/COLOR][/URL][COLOR=#000000], or 
send email to [/COLOR][EMAIL="info@dhmo.org"][COLOR=#000000]info@dhmo.org[/COLOR][/EMAIL][COLOR=#000000]  for more information.  
[/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#000000] MATERIAL SAFETY DATA SHEET FOR   DIHYDROGEN MONOXIDE [/COLOR][/CENTER]
[COLOR=#000000]PRODUCT NAME:     DIHYDROGEN MONOXIDE 
FORMULA WT:          18.00 
CAS NO.:          07732-18-5 
NIOSH/RTECS NO.:  ZC0110000 
COMMON SYNONYMS:  DIHYDROGEN OXIDE, HYDRIC ACID 
PRODUCT CODES:    4218,4219   
EFFECTIVE: 05/30/86        REVISION #01     
LABORATORY PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT  SAFETY GLASSES; LAB COAT  
PRECAUTIONARY LABEL STATEMENTS  STORAGE:  KEEP IN TIGHTLY CLOSED CONTAINER.  
BOILING POINT:      100 C (   212 F)          VAPOR PRESSURE(MM HG): 17.5  
MELTING POINT:        0 C (    32 F)          VAPOR DENSITY(AIR=1):  N/A  SPECIFIC GRAVITY:  1.00                       
EVAPORATION RATE:      N/A  
SOLUBILITY(H2O):     COMPLETE (IN ALL PROPORTIONS) % 
VOLATILES BY VOLUME: 100  
APPEARANCE & ODOR:  ODORLESS, CLEAR COLORLESS LIQUID. 
 TOXICITY:  
 LD50 (IPR-MOUSE)(G/KG)          -  190            
 LD50 (IV-MOUSE) (MG/KG)         -  25  
DISPOSAL PROCEDURE   DISPOSE IN ACCORDANCE WITH ALL APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE, AND LOCAL   
ENVIRONMENTAL REGULATIONS.  SAF-T-DATA(TM) STORAGE COLOR CODE:     ORANGE (GENERAL STORAGE)  
SPECIAL PRECAUTIONS   KEEP CONTAINER TIGHTLY CLOSED. SUITABLE FOR ANY GENERAL CHEMICAL STORAGE   
AREA. 

DIHYDROGEN MONOXIDE IS CONSIDERED A NON-REGULATED PRODUCT, BUT   REACTS VIGOROUSLY WITH SOME
 MATERIALS. THESE INCLUDE SODIUM, POTASSIUM   AND OTHER ALKALI METALS; ELEMENTAL FLUORINE; AND 
STRONG DEHYDRATING AGENTS   SUCH AS SULFURIC ACID. IT FORMS EXPLOSIVE GASES WITH CALCIUM CARBIDE.   
AVOID CONTACT WITH ALL MATERIALS UNTIL INVESTIGATION SHOWS SUBSTANCE IS    COMPATIBLE. EXPANDS 
SIGNIFICANTLY UPON FREEZING. DO NOT STORE IN RIGID   CONTAINER AND PROTECT FROM FREEZING.  
DOMESTIC (D.O.T.)  PROPER SHIPPING NAME     CHEMICALS, N.O.S. (NON-REGULATED)  INTERNATIONAL (I.M.O.)  
PROPER SHIPPING NAME     CHEMICALS, N.O.S. (NON-REGULATED)  -----------------------------------------------------------------------------[/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]- [/COLOR]

Last edited:

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
I think Penn and Teller also did a thing where they had people go to some sort of save the world conference to gather names for a ban on dihydrogen monoxide. It's surprising how willing people are to sign petitions they don't understand.

Remove ads