Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

Mad_Jack

Legend
Okay. Oblivion on hold for now... Just found an old game called Divine Divinity on GoG for 89 cents, lol... < rolls eyes >(this place really needs an eye-rolling smiley...)

According to description/reviews it has the same camera view as Diablo but more of a Elder Scrolls-lite gameplay to it. Going to fire it up today and kick the tires. There's a possibility this will be my last post for several days, lol.

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Good. Now, quick, to the Store of Gaming to purchase for him some large, stuffed dice, so that he may be indoctrinated young.

You mean like this d20 that currently holds his first tie?
a5ac45b9e2f4a75d190458a3dd29b93d.jpg

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
Okay. Oblivion on hold for now... Just found an old game called Divine Divinity on GoG for 89 cents, lol... < rolls eyes >(this place really needs an eye-rolling smiley...)

According to description/reviews it has the same camera view as Diablo but more of a Elder Scrolls-lite gameplay to it. Going to fire it up today and kick the tires. There's a possibility this will be my last post for several days, lol.
That's the only Diablo-clone that I like more than Diablo 2. The atmosphere in DD is fantastic, and the freedom to go pretty much anywhere right from the start (if you can handle it) is awesome.

Mad_Jack

Legend
That's the only Diablo-clone that I like more than Diablo 2. The atmosphere in DD is fantastic, and the freedom to go pretty much anywhere right from the start (if you can handle it) is awesome.

Unfortunately, DD is now out of play as well - I've discovered that it likes to rearrange all my desktop icons when it changes my screen resolution.... Aaarrrgghhh.... :devil::rant::devil: It was also loading and running really slowly, which was annoying enough with the resolution-change issue to kill it for me.
Neverwinter Nights and Divine Divinity both like to rearrange my icons and DIABLO won't play unless I want to set up a virtual machine running Windows XP because DirectDraw is apparently no longer a thing... So I guess if I decide to load up a PC game sometime in the recent future it'll either be DIABLO II or Oblivion.

So...

You guys wanna hear some crazy $#!@?

I got a no-delivery notice about a registered letter today, so I went down to the post office to pick it up.

It was from a towing company - they were informing me that, as the last registered owner/lienholder on a 2009 Chevy Aveo, I have 15 days to come pay the towing and storage fees on it or they'll sell it...

I can't recall whether or not I ever posted about it on here, but a couple of years ago that 2009 Chevy Aveo GOT STOLEN...

Yes, folks, I've just found out that my stolen car has been recovered two years later, not from the police, but by a registered letter sent by a towing company... :rant:
Apparently, it was turned over to them by a property management company that runs an apartment complex - TEN FRAKKING MINUTES FROM MY HOUSE...

Oy.

Anyhoo, I called them up to let them know about the car, and that I'd long ago turned in the title and gotten the insurance check for it, and they confirmed that the letter was just protocol - they're apparently required to notify the cops when they're called to pick up a vehicle by someone other than the owner so they knew it had been stolen. The lady seemed mildly surprised that the cops hadn't called me about it.
I have no idea whether or not the police are going to bother looking into the theft any further, and there's no chance after all this time of me getting any of my stuff back, so... eh, whatever, I guess.

Remove ads