Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

Mad_Jack

Legend
From a post by Buglips*the*goblin over on the Reaper forums...

" I always have the same weird dream. I get up at 6 am and have a nutritious breakfast. Then I shower and brush my teeth and dress in a semicasual attire. I commute to work for 30 minutes in my modest economy car, where I work quietly in my office with a break for a healthy lunch. Then after my day is done I commute home to relax, read, and watch sports and light comedy until bedtime. I always wake up from this dream covered in sweat and screaming. "

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
It's sad knowing rhat there is a generation of people whose knowledge to fantasy is based on Harry Potter and Twilight.

Which is exactly why I am going to be reading LotR, John Carter and Tarzan series, and The Big Three of Scifi to my son as soon as he starts to actually understand speech.

It's sad knowing rhat there is a generation of people whose knowledge to fantasy is based on Harry Potter and Twilight.

ugh on Twilight...but before the movies for LotRs, I had never heard someone say they got into reading because of LotR or The hobbit...however I have heard that HP got them into reading.....Oddly, I've also heard that LotR was too boring to finish reading lol

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
ugh on Twilight...but before the movies for LotRs, I had never heard someone say they got into reading because of LotR or The hobbit...however I have heard that HP got them into reading.....Oddly, I've also heard that LotR was too boring to finish reading lol

Funnily enough, the whole trilogy were the first books I ever really read when I learned to read at age 6... Didn't really understand everything, but ever since, I've always considered Tolkien an engaging writer. Unlike for example Jules Verne, whose classics are really really really boring...

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero

I didn't get into reading because of Tolkien, but the Hobbit was the first book I ever cover to cover in one long day. I definitely became that guy in elementary school with his head in a book all day because of it. At the risk of getting rotten fruit thrown in my direction I will say that HP is a much easier more approachable read that LotR. I can see kids getting into much more easily. I've heard that 'too boring claim about LotR from several people over the years. To each his own. I found the Silmarillion to be a bit much for me, so I get it. On a related note, anybody read Beren and Luthien yet? Need to pick up a copy.

Remove ads