• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
My college went from firing the guy who authorized the serving of discolored ham and selling roast beef as “prime rib” my freshman year to finding a guy who cooked in New Orleans the next.

Of course, it wasn’t all rainbows and sunshine- they still had “International Night”, which was white meat chicken cooked to mimic dishes from 5+ countries...incompetently.

Aeson

I am the mysterious professor.
I remember an episode of Bones where kids were finding body parts in their beef stew. While investigating the factory, the guy said that batch was their substandard stuff so it went to their second tier clients like schools and prisons.

I believe it. I've seen the food and eaten the food in institutional settings. Prisons in my state grow a lot of produce and livestock, but they sell it. They get a lot of their food from outside vendors. So YOU could be eating food grown by prison inmates and not even know it.

All I know is I check my beef stew carefully before eating. :D

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
oh, that menu choice wasn't college..thats from the high school i graduated from

Oh, I know. It was just the worst example I had. Before that, most of my school food was OK, except for the grilled cheese/grilled ham & cheese roulette played at Tillicum Elementary in Tacoma Washington.

All of them were made and grilled, and then wrapped in opaque foil paper to keep them warm when they were delivered to the classrooms. One sandwich type was in silver paper, the other gold. But they were made with whatever bread was available cheaply, and clearly in mixed lots. Some of us got white, some got wheat, and some got seeded rye.

Now, my palate has broadened over the years, and I STILL find seeded rye an inappropriate bread for grilled cheese/ham & cheese sandwiches. My 2nd grade self had to suffer through it...

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
*shudder*

body parts in your food. Worst nightmare EVER ! ! ! ! ! ! !

American-Pie-Pie-Scene.jpg

Mad_Jack

Legend
It's a damn good thing I decided to check the ETA for my ReaperCon Swag Bag, since the tracking gnomes informed me it was sitting on my front porch, along with an EvilBay win.

In the rain.

Fortunately, they were in a plastic bag, so I have dry boxes but a wet floor.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads