Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
I totally get every single point she made except the mouse. I'm right-handed but I use mice equally well with both hands. It doesn't matter at all which side it's on. Actually the left side might be better on laptops since the disc station is usually on the right.

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
[video=youtube;F1B9Fk_SgI0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1B9Fk_SgI0[/video]

Somewhere along the line Donald Glover stopped being this guy who makes art, and instead became this virtuoso who makes emotions.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
The writing in spiral notebooks and binders always annoyed me. Smudging what I was writing, getting it on my hand bugged me too.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
[video=youtube_share;42NNT0TBCIE]https://youtu.be/42NNT0TBCIE[/video]

I got so used to using my mouse right handed it seems awkward to use it left handed.

I had a job once that required me to carry a device for people to digitally sign for packages. Id hand the device to their left hand and stylus to their right. I encountered another lefty, all craziness ensued, we both handed the the device and stylus to each other as if the other was right handed. When she noticed what was happening we had a good laugh. We have to adapt to a world not designed for us.
I’m ambi, so even if lefties conquered the world, I’d be a’ight. ;)

One she missed: instruments. Many of them are very difficult to play lefty; moreso in a group setting. More are made for lefties these days, but they’re still rare and usually more expensive.

Twist: some researchers are now saying that- especially with stringed instruments- we’ve been playing them wrong all this time. That righties who currently use their left hands for fingering the notes would actually be better off using their dominant hands, and using their left hands for bowing, strumming, picking, etc.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
I’m ambi, so even if lefties conquered the world, I’d be a’ight. ;)

One she missed: instruments. Many of them are very difficult to play lefty; moreso in a group setting. More are made for lefties these days, but they’re still rare and usually more expensive.

Twist: some researchers are now saying that- especially with stringed instruments- we’ve been playing them wrong all this time. That righties who currently use their left hands for fingering the notes would actually be better off using their dominant hands, and using their left hands for bowing, strumming, picking, etc.

Funny you brought up instruments. The video lead me to looking at left handed guitars.lol I had one as a teen but didn't do much with it. Eventually it got broken. I still keep saying I want to learn. Gotta keep the ol noggin active.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
[video=youtube_share;2CRzoWdkVws]https://youtu.be/2CRzoWdkVws[/video]

I'm in love with the one that plays Sara. This video sealed the deal.lol
Also while I watched this I thought I saw the DM walking out of Walmart with one of the vests. It would be hilarious if he worked the Walmart near me.

Mad_Jack

Legend
I figured it out. These douchebags with the unnecessaryly loud and obnoxious vehicles are saying. "I am MAN! Hear my vehicle ROAR!" I think I'm on the verge of learning primitive man's limited vocabulary. Now if I can understand all the grunts, hoot, and whistles.

I used to be in the habit of yelling out snarky comments when people would smoke their tires and peel out of parking lots. One time when some guy in a muscle car did a couple donuts before taking off I yelled out, "My god that man must have an enormous *****!!!!!" and turned around to see a couple of Catholic nuns laughing so hard they almost fell over...

Avast, landlubbers! I be plunderin this hive. Hand over ye booty and rum.

When a lady once asked me if I was a pirate when I snarled at something, I quickly replied with a licentious smirk, "Aye, lass, a pirate I be. Am I'm here to plunder your booty..." :cool:

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
I used to be in the habit of yelling out snarky comments when people would smoke their tires and peel out of parking lots. One time when some guy in a muscle car did a couple donuts before taking off I yelled out, "My god that man must have an enormous *****!!!!!" and turned around to see a couple of Catholic nuns laughing so hard they almost fell over...

When a lady once asked me if I was a pirate when I snarled at something, I quickly replied with a licentious smirk, "Aye, lass, a pirate I be. Am I'm here to plunder your booty..." :cool:
I wanted someone to say something about plundering their booty.

I'd say " I be at sea a long time. As long as ye swab me deck an walk me plank. Matters not to me as long as me timbers get shivered."

Remove ads