Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
I could have sworn it was thursday now. Apparently nobody told the chinese, because there's still a Cybermonday going on at many of their online retailers, like Dhgate and the chinese Amazon.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
I could have sworn it was thursday now. Apparently nobody told the chinese, because there's still a Cybermonday going on at many of their online retailers, like Dhgate and the chinese Amazon.

FSM bless America!© Many American retailers have extend the sale days so I guess others have also. For some it's more like Cyberweek than Cybermonday.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
It seems a woman named her daughter Abcde. This woman got upset when a Southwest airlines employee made fun of the name. Shocking, right? This poor girl is set up for life of torture. BTW the name is pronounced Ab-cee-dee.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
My mom once encountered a person named for Psalm 104.
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Psalm+104:1-4&version=NIV

But they spelled it after the traditional abbrevistion: Pslm CIV. Pronunciation: “Pizlm Siv”.

When I told my mom about Abcde. She told me about someone she heard about. The name is pronounced As-shol-e. Drop the - to figure out how it's spelled.

I remember seeing this meme years ago. The name La-a. "It's Ladasha. the dash don't be silent"

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Can’t speak to the veracity of it, but Winona Ryder famously claimed to have a friend named...errr...after that particular sphincter of the anantomy. And my Dad has repeatedly talked about a “L-sha” with that pronunciation. And he’s not much of a meme-seeker.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
Snopes could not find anyone named la-a.

As for Winona, that may be her name for Johnny Depp. Lol

As the population grows and people feel the need to come up with unique names we will see some strange ones. I'm waiting for the day we see people named Pepsi and Cheeto.

Remove ads