• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Hardcover vs original softcovers?

ibkevg

First Post
It sounds like a lot of work has gone into the creation of the new Zeitgeist Act I hardcover. What would someone who owns the original softcover adventures gain by picking up the new hardcover?

Since the 5 adventures that comprise Act I were already available, is the hardcover effectively Zeitgeist 2.0?

Elfshire

First Post
I've read over all the 'original' versions of chapters 1-5. Looking over my new Act I compilation pdf, here's some of the highlights...

• The updated version of the Player's Guide and the Campaign Guide included (though I think both are available for free download by now).
  • Updated encounters, including a version of the Chapter 2 climax in which Reed won't get KO'd on turn 3, a carriage chase that doesn't take place at walking speed, and enemy rifles/shotguns that work the same as player rifles. Admittedly, these are all changes that could be easily implemented by a GM, though some are hard to foresee as problems ahead of time.
  • New maps, including the Nalaam arena, a sample Avery Line Rail Enclave, the new layout of the Coaltongue, and the tunnels beneath Soknik Repairs in Ch 5. Also a slightly prettier version of the Cauldron Hill encounter map for Chapter 2.
  • The add-on of Crypta Hereticarum (very cool)!
  • A new player handout: scribbled notes describing the construction of the Eschatologist Bomb in Chapter 5.
  • Helpful appendices containing item/power cards, quick reference guides, enemy/ally statistics, and a 2-page section giving more campaign-relevant info on the Ancients.
  • Various other minor fixes or additions. In addition to typo-fixes and small clarifications, Benedict Pemberton is now first introduced to the party in Chapter 1, and the Xambria's Consciousness Boon now has a much more reasonably gradual rate of improvement that fits with the fact that the player will be with her for a full 8 levels. There's probably way more of these than I could reliably track down, as my attention span for re-reading the adventures I've already run for my group (1-3) is fairly short.

Really, I like it best for the sake of convenience, just being able to ctrl-f my way to literally anything, as long as it's not from Chapter 6+. No more having a player ask me about something that I have to search through several other files to find!

Remove ads