• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Harlequin - Rogue Build

Byronic

First Post
I've been thinking of making a Rogue build inspired by the harlequins from Warhammer 40.000. They're known for possessing an unusual amount of agility, even for an Eldar (the Warhammer 40.000 version of Elves). It would be an Eladrin with the Rogue class that would use the Artful Dodger class feature, his Racial Power and perhaps some Aerialist powers.

The key feature however would be by multiclassing in fighter and getting the MP Paragon Feats "Fey Charge" and "Fey Gambit". The first would allow me to use my Fey Step as part of my charge, and if it hits would allow me to keep my feystep. The second would give me combat advantage to anyone I teleported next to.

Together it means that I'll be able to teleport (fluff: make big bounds flipping over opponents) 2 or 3 times during the battle which combined with other things (jumping into battle, going through opponents avoiding AoO with Artful Dodger bonus etc) will keep me flying about having loads of fun once I get into the Paragon Tier.

However, if I charge I'll have to do a basic melee attack which uses strength. This does not go well with the Artful Dodger style (which also provides nice bonusses to several encounter powers that goes well with the style). Not to mention how a high Charisma supports the character concept.

Is there any way (feat, a class feature etc) for someone to use an At-Will when he charges?

Remove ads