[HARP] Back to the Dungeon: The Moathouse

Old Fezziwig

Well, that was a real trip for biscuits.
OOC for die_kluge: It is the ground floor. There could be another floor below this one.

Tutkia: [Perception, +25 skilled, +20 focused: stonework, roll/results hidden] You're certain that the floor you're on is safe, but any attempt at achieving the upper level of the tower would be one of the worst instances of foolishness you can think of. Anything heavier than a rat would bring down the entire upper floor.

Gamon: [Perception, +39 skilled, general, roll/results hidden] You don't notice anything unusual.

Gunnar: [Perception, +35 skilled, +20 focused: tracks, roll/results hidden] Goblin tracks dart and scurry all over the floor. Some of them have gone off to the left, but the bulk of them head off into that door opposite the courtyard entrance.

JimAde

First Post
"If you find any ladders or stairs up, watch yourselves," Tutkia growls. "That ceiling'll come down if you sneeze on it." He advances cautiously across the floor, looking around as he makes his way through the once-great hall toward the door opposite. He casts a glance down the corridors to either side as he passes.

linnorm

Explorer
Gamon said:
"So Gunnar, what do you think? Where should we go?"

"It looks like most of them went through there," pointing at the door opposite the entrance, "but a few of them went this way. gesturing to the corridor. "I think we should check out this corridor and see if we can get some information out of one of them before we go stomping through that door. My da had a saying for this situation, Don't go in the den unless you know where the bear is."

JimAde

First Post
At these words, Tutkia pauses in crossing the floor. He seems to consider for a moment, then comes gingerly back to where the others are and stands quietly, trying to look casual as if he had just been idly poking around.

[OOC: I may be stubborn. But I ain't completely stupid! :D ]

der_kluge

Adventurer
"So, the path least traveled. Sounds good to me." Gamon will move over to the door with the fewer goblin tracks (the left?) and will make a cursory examination of the door, since he doesn't have any strong reason to believe they'd trap their own door.

Old Fezziwig

Well, that was a real trip for biscuits.
OOC for die_kluge: There is no door, it's just a hallway, although...

The hallway to the left has four doors, two off of its south side (your left), one to the north (your right) and one off to the west (at the end of the hall). Before you can tend to any of the doorways, you hear a very soft whine. A small being in a cloak is huddle up against the wall between the two doorways to your left. You can smell fresh blood.

"Is that's you, Grendel?" It sniffs, and you can vaguely see a snout, something between a dog and a lizard, poking out of the hood of its cloak. Blood mats the fur slightly.

der_kluge

Adventurer
OOC: would it be possible to get a sketch of this area? I'm having a hard time visualizing it.

I will walk up to the creature, and in my best impersonation (mimicry, untrained), will say "yes, my friend".

OOC: Are his eyes closed, or is he facing to where he can't see me?

linnorm

Explorer
Gunnar Ullersson Human Ranger 1

*Gunnar moves to cover Gamon with his bow in case the creature decides to attack.*

Whispering, "Carefull, Gamon."

Remove ads