• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Harper an Uber Bard

Rai_SD_Knight

First Post
I'm not sure if it's taboo or not, but I've always wanted to play a Harper from the Dragonriders of Pern series of books

here is the wikipedia discription Harper Hall - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

my guess is a prestige class I'm incredibly new so if someone knows how to make it work (I dont care if it has magic or not) just want to have it handy in case the opportunity comes up to play it.

UngainlyTitan

Legend
Supporter
Well for 3.5 I'd use a Fochlucan Lyrist from Complete Arcane, though you could go with a straight bard and take the appropiate slills
In 4e use a Bard and take, Diplomacy, History and the rest as background and rp info.

Nifft

Penguin Herder
So Harper Hall harpers have collected the knowledge of ages in songs?
Wouldn't that be just like regular Bards in D&D?

Lost Secrets of SICP isn't all that much different than the Lost Secrets of Atlantis.

Cheers, -- N

Rai_SD_Knight

First Post
The Fochlucan Lyrist does looks good, would it be possible to make a good one starting from a 4th level human (archer combat) ranger(can go higher) that has a Urban companion(only thing urban about the hole thing) instead of animal cause I wanted a raven, if so explain in detail please!!!

Only reason for this is cause i just starting a game and the dm letting us start at level 4 so I already have ranger made for 3.5.

st 14
dex 17
con 12
int 16
wis 16
cha 14 brob bad for bard though

Last edited:

Rai_SD_Knight

First Post
Oh to Nifft, I read the books before playing D&D so once I was introduced to the Bard I thought "Wow Harpers are awsome they have to do everything with out the assistance of magic thats crazy!" and so they've always seemed 'stronger' I mean Master Robinton with magic would be amazing. (Bard lovers should read The Masterharper of Pern by Anne McCaffrey.)

I'm really sorry, didn't mean to turn this into a Book Club, thats just always how I've pictured it in my head.

Nifft

Penguin Herder
"The first rule of Book Club is: don't write down anything about Book Club..."

Have you seen the Akashic from Monte Cook's Arcana Evolved?

Cheers, -- N

Aeolius

Adventurer
I've always wanted to write up an alternate 3.5e bard, loosely based on the games Loom and Aquaria, where the bard channels a "universal song" of sorts, to gain abilities - less of a jack-of-all-trades and more focussed on the music.

Rai_SD_Knight

First Post
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Akashic as in the [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]akashic field ( Hmm, sciency goodness) thats interesting I recently thought of something like this for a none gameing character[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] an ability called akashic library acessing it mentally or he can make an extra deminsional door that leads books on all the different subjects so as to share it with friends. (I fancy myself a writer haha!) anyway thanks Nifft!
but I think that the
[/FONT]Fochlucan Lyrist fits the bill. stats posted above

Last edited:

Rai_SD_Knight

First Post
Aeolius That does sound interesting but difficult to pull off!

The Fochlucan Lyrist does looks good, would it be possible to make a good one starting from a 4th level human (archer combat) ranger(can go higher) that has a Urban companion(only thing urban about the hole thing) instead of animal cause I wanted a raven, if so explain in detail please!!!

Only reason for this is cause i just starting a game and the dm letting us start at level 4 so I already have ranger made for 3.5.

st 14
dex 17
con 12
int 16
wis 16
cha 14 brob bad for bard though

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads