Harskos

Ryu Shadowstep

First Post
Early in the morning a man wearing a black trench coat enters the tavern and walks up to the cork board and places a note on it that says:

Dear Harskos,

Was it love at first sight or was it just lust? To be honest I couldn’t tell you because I don’t know myself. All I know is that ever since I meet you and saw you in the tavern that fateful night I couldn’t stop thinking about you. My lady I am saddened to tell you this however, today I am leaving the city for the rest of the week and I should return next week. I am going to the city of Wintershiven in the Theocracy of the Pale. My business makes me travel all over the land so don’t be sad because of my absence. I will return as soon as I can to be with you once more.
Sincerely,
Ryu Shadowstep

Once the man was finished placing the message on the cork board he left the tavern.

Harskos

First Post
The woman known as Harskos approached the Corkboard, and idly searched through the messages. The eyes behind her pearl mask piqued in interest as she saw a note, with her name written on it, penned by a man bearing the same name as the one she had spent the night with not so long ago.

Calmly, with a patient, flowing script, she penned a reply.

My dear Ryu,

I share similar sentiments, but feared to revel such things, lest you would be separated from me by the disgust of being seen with such a hideous creature; also, i have many enemies, and should never forgive myself if they should attempt to strike at me by harming you.

I realize the folly of my disillusions now. The pangs in my heart to hear such news of your departure are nigh unbearable.

However, I shall eagerly await your arrival with yearning mind and waiting heart; return to me in once piece, beloved Ryu.

Harskos

Ryu Shadowstep

First Post
Again a man wearing a black trench enters the tavern looking like he has be traveling for a long time. He walks up to the cork boards and notices a reply from his beloved then he quickly pulls out a blank piece of parchment paper and something to write with then he writes:

My love Harskos,

It has been a while since I have seen you last, I just wanted to tell you that I have returned to you safe and sound in one piece. I am glad to hear that you share the same feelings as I. Now but why do you call yourself a “hideous creature”? You are of no such thing for I see the most beautiful women in all of the multiverse. Now for your many enemies I say let them come for I will kill them like the dogs are truly are, because now your enemies are now my enemies. On my trip I even thought of you I bought you a gift the gift is however with me. So next time I see you I will give it to you. My love for you shall always burn in my heart for my sword is your shield and my shield is your sword.

Love,
Ryu Shadowstep

Then the man places his note onto the cork board then walks away feeling happy.

Last edited:

Harskos

First Post
Harskos moves up to the boards, and scans the Corkboard for new messages. After a time, she reads Ryu's homecoming response, and pens a quick reply.

My heart exceedingly goes into leaps and bounds to hear that you have returned, and safely. I hope to see you soon.

I would warn you, dear Ryu, before you make the same mistake that others have. Look upon me, and not the mask that I wear, before you proclaim my beauty. Look upon me, and not upon the fickle image you perceive.

Alas, such things are unladylike and unseemly for me to speak of here and now. Should I see you tonight, dear Ryu, I shall show you the truth of what I speak of. Come that moment, I shall let you decide for yourself.

So speaking so, she pins the note to the Corkboard with an ivory-handled dagger, and moves away.

Ryu Shadowstep

First Post
Once again a man wearing a black trench coat enters the tavern then he walks up to the cork board and finds a message addressed to him then he quickly reads the message. After upon reading the message he pulls out a blank piece of parchment paper and something to write with then he writes:

My Dear Harskos,

I have seen what you have asked of me to see before I make my judgment. For I have made my Judgment and I say that I will always love you until the day I die. For I will remove any thing that takes us apart for one another I shall even remove my tattoo with my own dagger to bring us closer to each other. I am willing to do anything that will bring us closer my love. I hope to see you again soon my love, Harskos.

Love,
Ryu

After writing his message he places it under Harskos’s last message to him then he leaves the tavern.

Sir Gaberal

First Post
A Dragonic figure enters the tavern wearing Full Plate armor with the symbol of Bahamut in the center of the armor. He walks up towards the board and places a piece of parchment on the board that reads:

To whom it may concern,

I can clearly see that you love this man. However that can't change anything for he has been found he has been arrested and he will be executed by the end of this week. The funny thing is that you can't do a thing about it...I am going to enjoy seeing his head fall into the basket and to see your face fall...

At the end of the message there is no name left but there is a symbol of Bahamut in the bottom right hand corner of the paper.

Harskos

First Post
After having been vacated from Oerth for some time, the woman known as Harskos found herself perusing the Corkboards again. She read the latest message, and her pearl mask curved into a frown, then into a snarl, and then finally, a gasp escaped her lips.

With a shaking hand, she penned a reply.

Lord Unknown, You Whom Serve Bahamut:

By all that is right and good and true in this world, I beg of you to not see this through. Other means of justice surely can be sought; how can you repay blood with blood, and yet have a clear conscience? Whatever crime my dearly beloved Ryu has committed cannot match the grievous harm you place on me by taking away the only benevolent thing I have in my life. He acts not even of his own accord, my Lord; he is a slave to the whims of another!

How can you use Bahamut's symbol so - the great Bahamut is a merciful god, and you speak with such ... such callousness. Such cruelties are unseeming of a servant of that deity.

I humbly ask ... nay, I beg of thee, on my knees at your mercy, my Lord, with all of my heart, all of my worldly possessions, and with all of the love that I feel for my beloved Ryu, please do not take him from me! Surely we can make a deal ... I will give anything and everything I have.

~ Harskos
Lady Love of one Ryu

Sir Gaberal

First Post
A Dragonic figure enters the tavern wearing Full Plate armor with the symbol of Bahamut in the center of the armor. He walks up towards the board and places a piece of parchment on the board that reads:

Dear Lady Harskos,

Have you not seen his wanted poster? These are his charges he is being charged with the murder of a High Priest of Pelor and the murder of the Crown Prince and for the assassination attempt of the King of Great Kingdom and for the murder of some of the kingdom’s nobility, also being charged for stealing from the royal treasury, Slander against the government, Forgery of government documents and from escaping from government prisons, last stealing from nobles and from government buildings and guilds. I’m sorry but it is my duty as an officer of the Great Kingdom to carry out my king’s commands…You say he acts not on his own accord then what is controlling him? Yes I feel horrible that he must die for his crimes for that wasn’t my order it was my king’s order for him to be executed.

I’ll tell you what thou if you can cure him and prove to me that he was under control, I will set him free and his controllers will be executed in his place. Also I am a Vassal of Bahamut not a sacred warder of Bahamut. However for the sake of your love for him this is the deal I will delay his execution until dawn of the new week you have until then to prove to me that he is innocent. Last if is to escape the custody of my men you will need at least half of his bounty to save his head and his bounty right now is 300,000 gold.

I am sorry but there is nothing more I can do for you.

-Sir Gaberal Dro-Ragon, Knight-Commander, Of the Northern armies of the Great Kingdom

At the bottom right hand corner of the message is the symbol of Bahamut.

Harskos

First Post
Harskos wandered upon the latest message left by this servant of Bahamut; she had traded out the brighter colors of her wardrobe for one of black, and mourning.

The eyes through her mask seemed bloodshot, most likely from deprivation of sleep.

Lord Gaberal, Knight-Commander:

I have seen the wanted poster. I do not feign to dispute the claims although, certainly, I do not think the whole story is being told; still, I did not come to dispute those claims, but came to fight for the life of my love. Being aware of these supposed crimes does not lessen my fondness for one Ryu Shadowstep.

Your mercifulness is noted, Lord, and does not go unappreciated. I can cure his mind, but I need his body in order to do so. I will pay you the entire 300,000 gold; simply name your meeting place.

~ Lady Harskos

Sir Gaberal

First Post
A Dragonic figure enters the tavern wearing Full Plate armor with the symbol of Bahamut in the center of the armor. He walks up towards the board and places a piece of parchment that is being held there by one of Ryu’s daggers the message reads:

Dear Lady Harskos,

No need to pay the whole 300,000 gold only half is needed if he was escape my men. He will be given to you tonight at the cross roads tavern if so desire I will send him in but I will stand outside. Keep in mind I will be waiting for him outside every door if he is to try and escape then. If my lord seems pleased tonight he will be freed however he will be watched closely from then on. However tonight we shall see if he can be cured or not…

-Sir Gaberal, Vassal of Bahamut, Knight-Commander

Remove ads