• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Has a song ever reminded you of a character, class, magic item, etc. from an RPG

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
Tool's "H." reminds me somewhat of AU's akashics, witness the following lines:

'And as the walls come down and
As I look in your eyes
My fear begins to fade
Recalling all of the times I have died and will die.
It’s all right, I don’t mind.
'

"Ghost Riders in the Sky" reminds me of a particular encounter with . . . well, ghost riders in the sky, actually. I even used the song to convey the scene, but though this sounds really cheesy, even to me, it wasn't. The players and their characters were all really wigged out. Great session.

"In the Hall of the Mountain King" is the perfect theme song for Dwarven Armies on the attack, the way it slowly and methodically builds to an insane fever pitch. (I'm speaking, of course, of the classical piece. There's a pop song by that name too, I believe, but it's all about Grieg [sp] to me.

"Ride of the Valkyries" R.Wagner. 'nuff said.

AGGEMAM

First Post
Well, just about everything in the genre of power metal is fantasy/rpg inspired. Groups like; Helloween, Hammerfall, Manowar, Iron Maiden, etc etc

The list is incredibly long, I particulary remember a line from Hammerfall's Living in Victory. It goes:

Chasing dragons by the moon, burning bridges around you

Gotta love the imagy.

Last edited:

Asmo

First Post
Blind Guardian has a song called "Noldor (Dead winter reigns) " from Nightfall In Middle-Earth:

"Noldor - blood is on your hands.
Your bane´s a tearful destiny.
Black clouds will carry rain of Blood,
I´ve seen it rain.
We were lost on grinding ice,
in fear and hunger dead winter reigned in Araman"

This record tears my eyes,and makes me want to play an elf someday :D

Gotta love Blind Guardian.

Asmo

Last edited:

Remove ads