• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

has any body combined FR with grey hawk and the wilderlands

Alarick

First Post
im thinking of combining grey hawk with forgotten realms and wilderlands maybe even kingdoms of kalamar
one thought was just using greay hawk gods for the world

Ktulu

First Post
Speaking from experience, I would say that Kingdoms of Kalamar would not mix well with Forgotten Realms. One is extremely high fantasy, where the other is built to resemble a more real-world fantasy game. KoK could fit well with Greyhawk (if you have the KoK player's guide, there is a conversion list for what gods to use for what, if you wanted to use the KoK gods. Personally, I'd stick with the GH ones, they're a little less exhaustive.)

As far as 4e goes, though, I would wait until FR4e is released before judging. I think Kalamar would go well with 4e, if you removed the hobgoblins and put the dragonborn in their place. Most of the world is low magic enough that altering the magic system would be simple (also, with the Campaign guide having almost NO mechanical rules, it'd be cake to do as you wanted.)

Personally, if I don't use my own homebrew, I will likely run a KoK game in 4e.

Ktulu

JohnBiles

First Post
Geographically speaking, you could put Forgotten Realms to the west of Greyhawk.

Wilderlands is trickier, though, as it seems to me to want to go at the same latitude as southern Greyhawk and Forgotten Realms.

Also, Wilderlands has assumptions in its background which don't fit as well with Greyhawk and FR.

SoulsFury

Explorer
I was actually thinking of putting Faerun to the south of my main two continents on my homebrew... it would dramatically change climate and everything for Faerun... figured if I do this I'll use the same reasons other peoples have come to this "New World"... the gods are having a war and are spilling onto the prime material planes.

Mystaros

First Post
How's this?

KRBMMYWLGHFRKTAQKALAIKWRAFINj.jpg

Huh... I thought it was at a higher resolution than that, but I guess not. And I've searched for the original, but it seems to have been lost during one of my computer crashes. It might be on a backup I've not found yet... hopefully.

If it's kinda hard to make out the continents:

Big Northwest Continent: North and West (with the states colored in red/blue/yellow/green)are the Northlands of the Known Realms, south of there are the Lost Lands. The small colorful section just east of there is the Wilderlands. To the northeast of that, Blackmoor, and to the east Karak and Thonia, and again west and south are the Mystaran Tanagoro Lands. The easternmost extension of that continent is the Flanaess.

To the south and west of that continent are the Southlands of the Known Realms, while the island to the south and east is the Dark Island from the Dark Folk Role Aids supplement by Mayfair Games.

The large island south of the Flanaess is Hepmonaland, of course, and then the southern continent below that is a reversed Tellene, with the Sovereign Lands in the east and a homebrew "Kalamaran Humanoid-ruled Orient" to the west (Occident, of course, being reversed).

Then of course you've got the super-continent of the Forgotten Realms, Kara-Tur, and Al-Qadim taking up much of the central-east.

South of Malatra is a continent that includes the reversed Known World (as seen in X1) in the west and Aihrde (Troll Lord's C&C setting) in the east. The lands south of the Known World are the elven lands from Mayfair's Elves Role Aids book.

The two continents between Kara-Tur and the Southlands at the far east are made-up. The very southern portion of the northern continent includes Mystara's Savage Coast; to the north and west are vaguely Amerind-Asian lands, to the west Skarpsey, taken from a series of novels dealing with Nordic settlers in a western-like land. The southern continent is a vague continuation of the Southern Lands, where the pseudo-Aztec lands fade to pseudo-Inca lands, and in the west a sort of Asian-Aztec-Inca mashup.

I hope I can find the original large-scale map... I'd hate to have lost it. Drat.

Last edited:

Mark Plemmons

Explorer
Ktulu said:
I think Kalamar would go well with 4e, if you removed the hobgoblins and put the dragonborn in their place.

Heresy! :D

Dragonborn are desert-based, I think. I'd put them in an uncharted area of the Khydoban, constantly battling the undead kingdom for territory.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads