• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Has anybody's SVGames order shipped yet?

Arravis said:
All the evidence here seems to definately point towards the practice of not ordering their supply until AFTER the customer's orders were placed. An illegal practice in mail-order I beleive.
I certainly hope not as many internet sites do that. they collect the money when the costumer orders it they place th order , and ship it when it arrives, just like at your FLGS. If you don't like them, don't buy from them, not one is forcing anyone to buy miniatures at a discount.
Ken

Arravis

First Post
It's an issue of fraud. The local gaming stores tells me they do NOT have it in and can order it for you and that it'll arrive in X number of days, etc. Not counting the fact that they did not ship anywhere near their promised shipping time and they did not inform their customers of the change long after the delay; SVGames claimed they had the miniatures in-stock, and to me, it's clear that they did not. That's fraud.

Last edited:

Ghostwind

First Post
In SVGames' defense, I do not believe that they had anticipated the sheer numbers of orders that would be placed. I do not doubt that they had stock on hand. But I also don't doubt that additional orders had to be placed to cover the incoming orders. Rather than only shipping one or two items on your invoice and backordering the rest (which is a perfectly legal practice), they just held all orders until they could be completely filled.

While I am not a lawyer, I do have a very good understanding of business purchasing practices and order fulfillment. In this particular case, you would have a very hard time proving fraud because people are receiving their orders, albeit delayed. If no one was receiving their orders, you might be able to make a sound case. Best just to sit back and be patient. Based upon what is being stated in this thread, folks are getting their stuff. If three or months have passed and you have not received an order or had any success with contacting SVGames, then you could probably take them to small claims court at best since you are only talking a small dollar amount. :)

Arravis said:
It's an issue of fraud. The local gaming stores tells me they do NOT have it in and can order it for you and that it'll arrive in X number of days, etc. SVGames claimed they had the miniatures in-stock, and to me, it's clear that they did not. That's fraud.
okay fine what ever. I never saw anything to say they where only selling what they had in stock, they have repeatedly told costumers that they where delayed because they where waiting for a suppler to deliver. Perhaps there is a conspiracy here, I mean after all they were trying to save us money by selling them so cheap, and well that is just not right selling them so cheap. IF you are unhappy with them, there are plenty of other places that will be more then happy to charge you more, and not tell you whether it is in stock or not. You also have the option of raiting them with bizmart and let the whole world know how you feel.
not being a big X files fan I don't; understand the conspiracy theory, but it just might be there I just purchased from them because they had a sale, and a supper low shipping price, they paid more to ship my miniatures then they charged me.
Ken
Is the world really this cynical and I am just out of touch?

D'karr

Adventurer
If you had followed the infoprmation on their website you would have noticed that when this sale started they specifically mentioned that they were receiving shipments of miniatures from WotC Stores. In other words they didn't have anything in stock, they were receiving inventory from other stores. They also had very clearly stated that they would not start shipping until the week of the 31st, something that many people didn't read either, even though it was clearly stated.

So you were only misinformed by not looking.

Some people have already mentioned that specific items that were not shipped or available have been credited so you'd have a very hard time proving fraud.

I would agree that currently their customer service sucks. Is it understandable, I would say so. If they have such a small operation answering a growing tide of angry e-mails from people that obviously didn't read the information provided on the website probably takes more time than shipping out orders. In the long run they're damned if the do and damned if they don't. So shipping the items should be their priority.

If you are not happy, which obviously you're not, then don't purchase from them anymore and request a refund.

I had to wait a long time for my miniatures, eventually they did arrive and I got a great deal on cheap minis, so I'm happy.

Patience might be a better thing at this time than ranting. Unfortunately that is something sorely missing from a lot of people on the internet.

Arravis

First Post
How many vendors charge your credit card the day your order, not the day it ships? How many vendors refuse to answer e-mail after e-mail? They claimed to be shipping on the week of the 31st... how long did it take them post on their website that it would be otherwise? Were any e-mails sent within two-weeks of the dealy? "Sucks" does not describe their customer service. There is no customer service, I've not heard a peep from them and they posting on their own site long after they missed their own deadline, isn't "customer service" by any stretch of the imagination.

It's not an issue of me being misinformed, it's an issue of them treating their customers like non-enteties. And yes I'm not happy... I don't think I can even cancel my order with them via e-mail, since they never respond.

Patience isn't something that I lack, it's a simple issue of my own protection. Credit card companies only give you a small window of opportunity to make stop payments and file claims against vendors. Perhaps your credit card company allows you all the time in the world, mine doesn't. The longer I wait the harder it becomes to protect myself from unethical companies.

Doc Ezra

First Post
Joseph Elric Smith said:

okay fine what ever. I never saw anything to say they where only selling what they had in stock, they have repeatedly told costumers that they where delayed because they where waiting for a suppler to deliver. Perhaps there is a conspiracy here, I mean after all they were trying to save us money by selling them so cheap, and well that is just not right selling them so cheap. IF you are unhappy with them, there are plenty of other places that will be more then happy to charge you more, and not tell you whether it is in stock or not. You also have the option of raiting them with bizmart and let the whole world know how you feel.
not being a big X files fan I don't; understand the conspiracy theory, but it just might be there I just purchased from them because they had a sale, and a supper low shipping price, they paid more to ship my miniatures then they charged me.
Ken
Is the world really this cynical and I am just out of touch?

Don't be a moron. This isn't about some X-files conspiracy. This is about a company that takes people's money, and then fails to deliver promised goods in the timeframe that they themselves established, while simultaneously being unresponsive to inquiries regarding this obvious disconnect.

Nobody has criticized their pricing scheme. Many people have criticized their practice of charging people's cards for product they not only didn't have then, but may not have even now. In essence, instead of my money sitting in my account earning ME interest for nearly two months, someone has essentially stolen it to gain its benefit, without being capable of providing me with the goods that were a contracted part of that payment.

The ridiculous refusal of a handful of fanboys to find it even credible to criticize this incompetent company's handling of this situation makes no sense to me. They saved you some money. Good on 'em. They've cost a good number of people patience, and in some cases, actual funds. It would be one thing if SVGames had proven competent to deliver correct orders consistently to their customers, even if the orders arrived late. It has become quite plain, however, that a high percentage of the orders have been missing models or even entire sets.

I don't know what stake you have in defending a company's completely unethical and completely unprofessional operating tactics, but your offhand dismissal of complaints as "X-files conspiracy theory" does little to add credibility to your position.

D'karr

Adventurer
Arravis said:
How many vendors charge your credit card the day your order, not the day it ships?

A lot of internet vendors charge you when you place your order. And if they use somebody else to do their billing they always do.

How many vendors refuse to answer e-mail after e-mail? They claimed to be shipping on the week of the 31st... how long did it take them post on their website that it would be otherwise? Were any e-mails sent within two-weeks of the dealy? "Sucks" does not describe their customer service. There is no customer service, I've not heard a peep from them and they posting on their own site long after they missed their own deadline, isn't "customer service" by any stretch of the imagination.

I agree. However, the circumstances might be different and at this time it looks like a great majority of people have been receiving their orders. Ranting here on a public forum is great for venting out your anger at a perceived injustice but at the present moment that's all it is - ranting...

It's not an issue of me being misinformed, it's an issue of them treating their customers like non-enteties. And yes I'm not happy... I don't think I can even cancel my order with them via e-mail, since they never respond.

Cancel the order with your credit card company not with the vendor.

Yes, you feel like they are treating you like a non-person. I'm not saying you are not justified. What I'm saying is that ranting here about your problems with this vendor might be premature. If you feel like they are somehow cheating you then cancel the order. I started seeing people complaining about this sale a week after the sale started. You might not have been misinformed but obviously a lot of people chose not to read what it clearly said on the website.

Unfortunately on the internet many people just want their orders microwaved even when it clearly states that the order is being made on the crock pot.

Patience isn't something that I lack, it's a simple issue of my own protection. Credit card companies only give you a small window of opportunity to make stop payments and file claims against vendors. Perhaps your credit card company allows you all the time in the world, mine doesn't. The longer I wait the harder it becomes to protect myself from unethical companies.

And like I said above if you feel so strongly that SVGames is cheating you personally then cancel your order and if you still feel this way then don't ever order from them again.

My experience with them was okay. Yes, they didn't have the fastest shipping in the universe. Well, I can't really complain since my order was quite large and the shipping was only $4. Before I ordered I was sure about what I was getting - an order almost a month after I ordered. Some people didn't even bother to read the information and then they came here ranting and raving, "Waaa, why is my order not here?".

Like you said you knew about the delay until the 31st. So that last comment is not directed at you.

Doc Ezra said:

I don't know what stake you have in defending a company's completely unethical and completely unprofessional operating tactics, but your offhand dismissal of complaints as "X-files conspiracy theory" does little to add credibility to your position.
I don't defend them, I am the first to admit, that their service is slow. I merely point out that you get what you pay for. If no one wanted to save up-to 85% then they could of gone with a company with better service, but people wanted to save money so they went with a company that as far as I know every one knows has a slow costumer services dept. Yes it is slow, but people don't order form them as near as I can tell for their prompt service of glad handing people order form them because they have cheap prices on certain items. The deference is I guess I knew what I was getting into when I placed my order,and I assume that every one else who read the fact the the delivery time was going to be at least a month after the sale had started would also be able to figure out they they where not delivering from stock on hand, and that there would be delays.
You keep looking for some thing sinister in their motive, how they are ripping people off, or breaking the law. where as I simply recognize that yes the service is slow, but oh well people are getting their orders and they are receiving credit if they don't get their whole order filled and people are also getting responses to their email, and the web site has been updated at least once to show they they are experiencing problem, now to me it looks like they are trying just not doing a very good job, so rather then try to accuse them of something criminal I accuse them of poor service. there is a difference in my mind between criminal behavior and poor planning.
Ken
Who has ran his own business before, and know what a pain it can be to be compared to the big fish fish, when you are trying to make a living

S'mon

Legend
This is the mail they sent me yesterday:

"Simon, it appears that 2 of the items on your order are contained within a
shipment from our supplier that has been delayed. This is scheduled to
arrive this week. We will ship this order as soon as these missing pieces
arrive"

Remove ads