• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Has anybody's SVGames order shipped yet?

AuraSeer

Prismatic Programmer
D'karr said:

Unfortunately on the internet many people just want their orders microwaved even when it clearly states that the order is being made on the crock pot.
The website "clearly stated" that the shipment would be made during the week of March 31st. I was fine with that at the time. But now it's three weeks late, and they still have not shipped my order.

What's more, I have no indication from them that they ever intend to ship it at all. Emails, phone calls, and a postal letter have all been completely ignored. As far as I can tell, the company may as well have packed up and left town. (I know you guys say you received shipments. Sorry, but testimonials from random Internet strangers do not fill me with confidence.)

If I do ever receive the goods I paid for, I'll be pleasantly surprised. If I receive them before July, I'll be astonished.

D'karr

Adventurer
AuraSeer said:

(I know you guys say you received shipments. Sorry, but testimonials from random Internet strangers do not fill me with confidence.)

If I do ever receive the goods I paid for, I'll be pleasantly surprised. If I receive them before July, I'll be astonished.

Heh, heh. Funny, whiny rantings from random internet strangers never fill me with much confidence either... LOL

AuraSeer

Prismatic Programmer
Ten minutes after I posted the above, I got an email from SVGames. They claim to have just shipped my order.

I wonder if somebody there has been reading this thread.

Zenon

First Post
AuraSeer said:
Ten minutes after I posted the above, I got an email from SVGames. They claim to have just shipped my order.

I wonder if somebody there has been reading this thread.

[Humor]
And now for our daily dose of Conspiracy -

A man in a dark business suit with a military crew-cut sits in front of a computer. The glow from the monitor barely illuminates him in the dim room.

Crew-cut: “It’s no good. I’ve posted as several of the ‘board members’ that I have received their orders but it’s not having any effect. ‘AuraSeer’ is threatening legal action.”

Out of the shadows steps an older man. There is the flare of a cigarette being lit.

Smoking Man: “To be revealed at this stage would compromise the entire Project. Send him an email letting him know his order is on the way.”

Crew-cut: (clik-clik-clikity-click) “Done. What do we do now?”

Smoking Man: “We watch. We wait. If this email doesn’t solve this crisis we will take the appropriate steps to protect the Project.” The man stubs out the half-smoked cigarette into an ashtray and lights another. “Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer.”

[/Humor]

Just trying to brighten your mood. Seriously, I doubt they're trying to pull one over on you, but I do sympathize with you not getting your figs yet.

D'karr

Adventurer
Zenon said:

[Humor]
And now for our daily dose of Conspiracy -

A man in a dark business suit with a military crew-cut sits in front of a computer. The glow from the monitor barely illuminates him in the dim room.

Crew-cut: “It’s no good. I’ve posted as several of the ‘board members’ that I have received their orders but it’s not having any effect. ‘AuraSeer’ is threatening legal action.”

Out of the shadows steps an older man. There is the flare of a cigarette being lit.

Smoking Man: “To be revealed at this stage would compromise the entire Project. Send him an email letting him know his order is on the way.”

Crew-cut: (clik-clik-clikity-click) “Done. What do we do now?”

Smoking Man: “We watch. We wait. If this email doesn’t solve this crisis we will take the appropriate steps to protect the Project.” The man stubs out the half-smoked cigarette into an ashtray and lights another. “Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer.”

[/Humor]

Just trying to brighten your mood. Seriously, I doubt they're trying to pull one over on you, but I do sympathize with you not getting your figs yet.

The Figs are out there...

Pants

First Post
Heh, if you want to hear about bad service, here's what happened to a friend of mine.
He orders about 4 miniatures from an online store, E Crazy Eddies I believe, during the first week of March.
He then proceeds to order around $100 dollars of CM figs from SVgames during the last week of March. Between this time, he hasn't heard anything about his 4 minis that he ordered. His emails have been ignored as well.
3 weeks pass and he gets his order from E Crazy Eddies, yet he only got 2 of the figs, the others were out of stock and he didn't find out until he got the figs. About 3 days later, his SVgames order comes in with everything he wanted.
He was much happier with his SVgames order

Arravis

First Post
I don't think anyone here is implying that SVgames is run by some con-artist trying to trick us out of our money. What I am implying that it's run incompetently. That is enough for valid action on my part.

Doc Ezra

First Post
Arravis said:
I don't think anyone here is implying that SVgames is run by some con-artist trying to trick us out of our money. What I am implying that it's run incompetently. That is enough for valid action on my part.

Incompetence is apparently insufficient cause to be irritated, from what others seem to be saying. As long as SVGames doesn't show up at my house and kick a puppy, I'm supposed to take crappy treatment and LIKE IT dagnabit, and I shouldn't DARE expect a company to deliver on its own promises or fulfill its financial obligations to a paying customer. That makes me a whiner.

(I suspect the tunes would be a bit different if it were THEIR shipment that was AWOL and their e-mails, phone calls, and letters being ignored, but since they have their stuff, they feel fully entitled to dismiss complaints as frivolous whining.)

Bard Lucian

First Post
My first order has arrived, but I'm still waiting on two others, ordered on March 24th and April 4th respectively. Total cost: @30 dollars. Since I got my first order, I'm still haning on there. On the other hand, it is April 22nd. Almost a month after order number 2 and it's still not in my hands.

I agree with those who say that the problem isn't dishonesty, but incompetence. I'll wait and see how things transpire, but nobody can tell me that bad customer service is the price I pay for cheap minis. As a consumer, I have a right to expect decent treatment from a vendor, regardless of the price I pay.

Ghostwind

First Post
No one is disputing that you do not have grounds to be irritated. Were I in your shoes, I might share that irritation. However, irritation and accusations of incompetence are not sufficient grounds for legal action.

If you are that unhappy with the results you have been getting from SVGames, file a compliant with your credit card company along with a request for reversal of charges, inform SVGames that you wish your order to be cancelled and that you are filing a dispute of charges with your credit card company, and be sure to refuse any package from SVGames that may show up in the meantime. If you receive a credit from your credit card company and then accept the merchandise in full knowledge that you have not paid for it, you could leave yourself open for legal action because you are now in possession of merchandise that has not been paid for (this varies state to state). :)

Remove ads