• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Has anyone converted Reverse Dungeon yet?

punks_zappa

First Post
Hi guys!

Suddenly itching to try this thing out in 3e. Does anyone know if there's a conversion out there already?

Barring that, I'm still interested in ideas about converting the module...

Thanks! :D

Game on. :cool:

misfit815

First Post
Actually, rather than convert it, I made up one of my own. The setting was a cave newly discovered by a goblin tribe of about 30 males. There were three players, whom I gave character sheets for the chief (warrior 5), a sergeant (warrior 3), and a shaman (adept 3). It was a short event-driven encounter, culminating in exploration by four 3rd-level adventurers played by me.

The players lacked any real "goblin-y" strategy, even when handed a particularly MacGyver-ish equipment and stores list. Despite that, I found that I should have made the adventurers 4th or 5th level, as they fell to some well-timed critical hits before the tide would have turned.

Anyway, good luck with RD!

J

yennico

First Post
I played the original RD as a player. I was the witch doctor and I was very lucky when I rolled for my first level spell: sleep :)

One hit of an enemy brought you down to below zero hps, but the best part of the adventure was that every goblin could stabilize your PC with a simple check.

yennico

First Post
misfit815 said:
Actually, rather than convert it, I made up one of my own.
That is a good idea, but the goblin encounter is only the first part of the adventure.

misfit815 said:
Despite that, I found that I should have made the adventurers 4th or 5th level, as they fell to some well-timed critical hits before the tide would have turned.
How many goblins fought against the adventurers. Only the three PCs or also some NPCs ?
A level 5 goblin warrior + a level 3 goblin warrior + a level 3 goblin adept is IIRC a CR 7 encounter and a band of four level 3 adventurers is only a CR 6 encounter.
Four level 4 adventurers are a CR 7 encounter. Four level 5 NPC are a CR 8 encounter which could be to deadly for the goblin PCs.

misfit815

First Post
I had them commanding a force of about 25 goblin warriors. I expected the battle to go in stages, with the players having various traps and ambushes waiting, but they just went full at the party from first contact. I killed several goblins, but when I saw the battle turning, I tried to retreat the party and failed, thanks to those crits. The wizard and rogue fell, and the fighter and cleric had to run.

I realize it was only the first part. I wasn't sure how much time we'd have to play, and I wanted the players to have some attachment to their characters. Giving the players low-level goblins and telling them, "this is your only character; don't let him die," gives them the right mentality to play a goblin, or so I thought. Like I said, the players reacted like normal adventurers would. As a result, the tribe lost 8-10 warriors, plus the sergeant.

Arcadio

First Post
Hello!

I'm considering running the goblin portion of Reverse Dungeon while our regular DM is out for a few weeks. Has anyone converted this yet?

If I end up running it, I'll try to post anything useful that I come up with.

Thanks!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads