• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

has anyone gotten their copy from amazon?

I have had disaster after disaster with pre-ordering gamebooks from Amazon. I did that for Qualidar two years ago, and they kept putting off and putting off the shipment date. Other stores had had their copy weeks when I found out that Amazon couldn't get the copies, and refunded my preorder money. I will never do it again.

So a warning, if they start pushing back the date of mailing, try and get a copy from a FLGS ASAP or you may be out of luck til November.

JohnRTroy

Adventurer
Ah, okay, I didn't know that was regulated--since I know there's such a thing as "street date" I thought they could do something like that.

Apparently many of the gaming books from WoTC must also be purchased from Amazon from the distributor trade.

(Although I think the side-effect is still a benefit to the FLGS because of the "need it now" mentality).

bielmic

Explorer
woot!

amazon just sent me an email stating the book is shipped! now, if only the tracking number/USPS actually listed it as recieved, lol!

Guillaume

Julie and I miss her
I got mine Friday morning (21st), 8 days after the official release. True, I ordered from Amazon.ca, but the Amazon group did deliver before the original date of Sept. 9th which was planned upon my purchase. Not everything is dark with Amazon. Personnaly, I've had good experiences with them. Then again, I do not order more than two or three books a year from them.

bielmic

Explorer
in case it matters to any readers, i've gotten the notification from amazon in the US and it's supposedly shipped from kentucky. still no confirmation on the tracking number from the USPS.com site, just from amazon's.

Remove ads