• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

has anyone made these classes?

Corlon

First Post
I've thought about making a Prince of Persia-ish PrC, but if you think about it, it just wouldn't be very cool.

Apart from just being a fighting class with high ranks in jump, balance, climb, etc. for all the acrobatics, his abilities would have to do with the time abilities.

These are slow down time, reverse time, as well as those other few abilities where he attacks a whole bunch.

The slow down time would just be giving him haste for a couple rounds for a day.

Reverse time (which is by far the coolest IMO) would be REALLY annoying to figure out in combat (moving all the poeple back to where they were, etc.) unless you just let him get a bonus to dodging something on on the reflex save to avoid a trap because he reversed time after "knowing about it," but this would make the ability much less cool.

The other abilities could just be a "super haste" that perhaps gives you less bonus than the normal haste overall, but gives it to you faster.

Sure it could be done, but I figured overall you could get pretty close just with a fighting class with acrobatic skills and two weapon fighting, because that's half the coolness of the game anyways.

Link 86

First Post
actually i posted this same question on wizards boards, and i got a Chronomancer as the PrC for the Prince, as for the Psychonaught, they suggested Pisonist, Wilder, Psion Warrior, though i dunno what book to find the Chronomancer, but i did find it on the web, looks really good, definately Prince of Persia-ish

Edit: I was looking for more info on the Chronomancer on the web turns out that there was a book that was published in 1995 so its based on AD&D, info can be found on it on the wizards web site, and which means the first web site i gave was someone's conversion of the chronomancer's abilities

Last edited:

Link 86

First Post
Well here is info on the book, it doesn't really talk about the class, but a campaign in the different setting (eberron, forgotten realms, etc.) here

here is the class site that i found

Storyteller01

First Post
Wish I still had my copy....

The book (if you find it) also covers dual class chronomancer/rogues and chronomancer/fighters.

Time raiders and Temporal Champions, I believe they were called. You might be able to work on a viable conversion using the gestalt rules.

Roudi

First Post
Weren't the Prince's time abilities granted to him by an item? If so, it would be inappropriate to use a class to model that.

If anything, you could use existing classes to model the Prince of Persia as he appears in the Sands of Time (the Prince is nothing special in the previous two games).

I haven't seen Psychonaughts at all, so I can't help with that.

Remove ads