• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Has anyone played "Anointing the Seer" adventure?

Stormsparrow

First Post
Hello everyone!

I'm looking for a published adventure to supplement the (first) 4th ed. Dungeons and Dragons campaign I'll be running, and I'd like something with a great storyline and fun action.

I'm intrigued by the adventure "Anointing the Seer" by Unicorn Rampant Publishing, but I noticed that it hasn't been reviewed yet. As a result, I'm wondering if anyone has had a chance to play it (or even read it) and what they think of it.

Here is the link: EN World PDF Store - Unicorn Rampant Publishing - Anointing the Seer - 4th Edition D&D adventure

A secondary question: Can anyone suggest a good adventure for a first time DM that would fit well as the "prologue" to an adventure. Sort of a mini story so that players can get comfortable before they're introduced to the central story arch?

Thanks for the help!

Stormsparrow

Jack99

Adventurer
There hasn't been a lot of short adventures published for 4e so far. In Search of Adventure by Goodman Games is the only one that springs to mind atm. And I wasn't too happy about it. Good ideas in there though.

Do you have access to the DDI? Because if you do, you could run the hobgoblin attack from the beginning of Scales of War. The first couple of fights are great (goblins setting your bar on fire, followed by an ogre dragging a cart with hobgoblins in it), and could easily be re-flavored to something fitting better.

If you do not, can I recommend it? I mean, for $8 (just 3 more than the adventure you were asking about) you get access to 10 issues of Dragon and 10 issues of Dungeon. (AFAIK)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads