Has anyone posted the character sheets from DDXP?

Klaus

First Post
True Vryloka would make a good cavalier, it would be a strange mix, the virtue loving Cavalier with his radiance powers and the vampire like Vryloka. Actually I'm pretty pleased with the Vryloka's flavour. Instead of stealing the vamps or damps flavour the have thier own. The Vryloka aren't vampires, they don't seem to need blood to survive, they can walk around during the day just fine, yet they still gain vampire like power and can learn to draw substance from a foes death. Thier not related to vampires either like the dampyr either, its more like they used magic to steal the power of vampires. They're a race that survives by immatiating vampires.
For the longest time in 2e (and during early 3e) I wanted to have a Ravenloft domain ruled by vampire knights, where anyone can be "embraced" into the nobility. I envisioned vampires riding forth at dusk in ornate, baroque full plate armor. That vrylokas make good Paladins isn't an accident. ;)

nnms

First Post
For the longest time in 2e (and during early 3e) I wanted to have a Ravenloft domain ruled by vampire knights, where anyone can be "embraced" into the nobility. I envisioned vampires riding forth at dusk in ornate, baroque full plate armor. That vrylokas make good Paladins isn't an accident. ;)

That's an awesome idea. Consider it totally stolen. :cool:

They'd also make perfectly adequate knights, fighters, slayers, etc., for the less devout members of their vampric fraternity.

My favorite thing about the Vampire class and the Vrylokas is that there's a vampire option for those who want to make being a Vampire the most important thing about their character (the class) and an option for those who want the vampric side to be there, but not be the most important thing (the race).

Xris Robin

First Post
True Vryloka would make a good cavalier, it would be a strange mix, the virtue loving Cavalier with his radiance powers and the vampire like Vryloka. Actually I'm pretty pleased with the Vryloka's flavour. Instead of stealing the vamps or damps flavour the have thier own. The Vryloka aren't vampires, they don't seem to need blood to survive, they can walk around during the day just fine, yet they still gain vampire like power and can learn to draw substance from a foes death. Thier not related to vampires either like the dampyr either, its more like they used magic to steal the power of vampires. They're a race that survives by immatiating vampires.
If by own flavor you mean the Tiefling's, sure.

gyor

Legend
I really want to get a player or two in on playing that out one day. Like I am a Vryloka, they are a tiefling... and in a perfect fit of irony have a 3rd character be a warlock... then tell the warlock character he was dumb for selling his soul...:p

The Vryloka didn't sell thier souls or at lest not all of it, they sold thier humanity instead. As for the simularity in backgrounds that only exists in core. We don't know what the Vryloka's background is in FR, Ebberon, Darksun and Tieflings in many of these settings don't share the core background either. For example most Tieflings are demon or devil or dark god blooded, with a few Narfellian Tieflings conforming to the corish background, hence the godborn feat. Tieflings on Darksun are different from core as well. Looking forward to a Vryloka of the realms artical as well.

Remove ads