• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Has anyone RPed a Triton? :)

I'm going to be a part of a new homebrew D&D 5e champaign soon and for some reason I was like "I want to play a fish" and so I discovered Triton. The thing is though, I find the whole "naive-ye olde english-expect everyone to know about the great things Triton did" thing to be lacking on the fish side of things. So, I would like to find out about the experiances you peeps have had with Triton and what weird twists you made with them so I can avoid making a 1dimensional character and become a better player in general. So yeah, anything you could share would be greatly appreciated :) Thank You :)

worldspinner

First Post
A few ideas:

When not in the water, play up the strangeness of the lower pressure and endless sky; both could cause lots of anxiety for one who grew up under the waves.

Since most have probably never seen a Triton, perhaps your character is nervous about expected reactions from people he/she meets.

Tritons are sometimes depicted as coral-sculptors, so perhaps your character the surface world through the lens of an artist, and experiences are used as inspiration for art.

A few ideas:

When not in the water, play up the strangeness of the lower pressure and endless sky; both could cause lots of anxiety for one who grew up under the waves.

Since most have probably never seen a Triton, perhaps your character is nervous about expected reactions from people he/she meets.

Tritons are sometimes depicted as coral-sculptors, so perhaps your character the surface world through the lens of an artist, and experiences are used as inspiration for art.

I like that :)

I could make her extra paranoid to the point that she'll stare up at the sky sometimes :)

I think for my fishy lady :) I think she would be jumpy about people coming up to her for dumb reasons :) like, she could be walking along and then someone asks "are you a fish?" and then she could be like "GOD DAMMIT!" cause she just wants to get on things and the novelty of being different has worn off for her :)

As for the art side of things :) I'll have to think about that :) She's kind of a Paladin/Cleric/Warrior kind of person so I'll have to think about what she would want to depict :)

Remove ads