Has Heroes of the fallen lands hit the UK yet?

pedr

Explorer
The Esdevium releases for the coming week (ship 20th) suggests that they will be in shops middle of this week.

Look here!
I should have come back to give an update: they were on sale in Patriot Games, Sheffield, yesterday, and I think at Ecclectic Games, Reading. So Esdevium did indeed get them sent out towards the end of last week. When they'll hit non game-channel stores, I don't know.

pedr

Explorer
Yeah, they do feel expensive (particularly for zero-rated VAT products). $20 is £12.86 today, apparently.

Aren't $40 books priced at £26.99 in the UK (vs today's market exchange rate of £25.74), and $30 books priced at £19.99 (£19.29 today). Not sure what pushed the price of these up.

The Red Box is actually sort of slightly fairer - $20 + VAT is £15.11 which makes £16.99 closer to the 'actual' price.

Bold or Stupid

First Post
Yeah, they do feel expensive (particularly for zero-rated VAT products). $20 is £12.86 today, apparently.

Aren't $40 books priced at £26.99 in the UK (vs today's market exchange rate of £25.74), and $30 books priced at £19.99 (£19.29 today). Not sure what pushed the price of these up.

The Red Box is actually sort of slightly fairer - $20 + VAT is £15.11 which makes £16.99 closer to the 'actual' price.

Working in the book trade, mostly it's rounding and import fees. Traditionally Baker and taylor (main supplier of american books to waterstones) added about £1 to the converted title, irrespective of original price so $8.99 would be £6.99 and 19.99 would be £14.99 (these prices pulled out of my bottom).

If you buy your Red Box from Waterstones it's only 15.99 and the books are iirc going to be £14.99. It's extra cheap if you have staff discount.

Remove ads