• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Has the 3.5 Monster Manual gone PG-13?

Utrecht

First Post
I just finished paging through the 3.5 MM and was somewhat surprised by the edgyness of the book - specifically the illustrations for the Succubus, Erynes, Dryad and Nymph.

From what I can tell - they definately pushed the envelope as compared to earlier versions - and was curious if others noticed/felt the same way.

billbo

First Post
Hah. When they start drawing inch long rock-hard nipples on every vampire, succubus, and goddess in sight, then they'll just be getting back into their old 1e form.

Grazzt

Demon Lord
billbo said:
Hah. When they start drawing inch long rock-hard nipples on every vampire, succubus, and goddess in sight, then they'll just be getting back into their old 1e form.

Can I get an Amen? :)

billbo

First Post
I think the Erineys looks pretty good. She looks like a ferocious opponent.

A good illustration can turn a pile of stats into a halfway interesting opponent.

And a good name. "Githyanki," "Drow," "vampire," etc.

On the other hand, there's the Delver.

I think I'm going to try drawing enormous pink nipples on the Delver, just to see if I can sexy this pig up.

But I don't think I could sexy the Delver up with <i>A Deck of Many Nipples</i>.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads