• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Has the release of d20 material slowed down?

Simon Collins

Explorer
JohnNephew said:
We do not have anything more in the pipeline for Penumbra at the present time... We have better areas to invest our resources...

We do plan to release other d20 System projects... but the Penumbra line will go on hiatus after Seven Civilizations in September...

We'll continue to keep a finger on the pulse of the d20. If the market conditions are right, we'd love to do some more Penumbra books.

John

I'd like to register my disappointment at Atlas' decision.

Whilst I understand the business reasons behind the move, I personally find more d20 Atlas products remaining on my shelves and being used on a regular basis than any other publisher apart from maybe Green Ronin (including WotC). Many of your releases were inspired and original, and produced very professionally.

I hope that the market changes quickly and you release d20 Penumbra products again. It's a shame that the quality publishers are the quickest to be hurt in the d20 glut. It seems we are moving towards a stage where the glut remains whilst the cream is in danger of being lost.

A sad day. :(

Kind regards

Simon Collins

buzz

Adventurer
JohnNephew said:
As books go out of print, if not sooner, we will make them available for sale as PDFs through RPGNow (as we've already done with several books in the line).
I'm very happy to see RPGNow in this sentence as opposed to DTRPG.

deadboydex

Explorer
JohnNephew said:
Hey, folks. I heard there were rumors flying, and thought I should step in to provide some clarification and official word.

Disappointing, but totally understandable. There'll always be a place in my heart and on my shelves for Penumbra products. For me, it's all about you guys and Malhavoc.

Anyway, I've got a question: you mentioned something a while back about an OTE-based Coriolis product. Is this still on the slate? It would be awesome to see a D&D adaptation of Al Amarja, or a Glugs & Pharoahs-era sourcebook.

Word

First Post
trancejeremy said:
For instance - "Love and War" - did it actually even come out? I was interested in it, but their web site doesn't seem to say if it was released or not (says it will be in Feb 2004, but hasn't been updated since). Haven't seen any reviews of it anywhere, either.

Yes, Love & War was released. It got a spotlight box on our front page when it did and PDF samples, too. (We don't release PDF peeks of books until they've gone to press or shipped to distributors.) The product page for Love & War says "Release Date: February, 2004," because that was it's release date; that's when the book was released.

When in doubt, tap the "Buy" button to see if a book is released. Those images don't even get tagged with links until the book has gone to press and is available for pre-order. If the button is hot, the book is out. (You can always remove it from your Warehouse 23 shopping cart with one click, anyway.)

The language of such things on the website has been an ongoing, hair-pulling headache for me (every statement on the internet seems to confuse someone and earn me half a slew of frustrated emails). As I move cautiously into a new phase of maintenance and modification to the site, I therefore seek commentary on what does and does not work for our site visitors.

Drop me an email at info@atlas-games.com with your feedback and suggestions. I make no claim to adopt every suggestion I get, but I always prefer to hear the maximum number of opinions before I set any course.

Cheers,
Will Hindmarch
Atlas Games

Paradigm

First Post
We will continue to produce products for our Arcanis: the World of Shattered Empires line simply because they sell. With the new adventures sent to the RPGA this month, we have provided 83 free adventures to support the brand. Which is probably why we still sell hundreds of copies of the Codex Arcanis as well as other backlist items.

The Player's Guide to Arcanis and Ssethregore: In the Coils of the Serpent Empire will be with us at GenCon and City of Secrets: The Adventurer's Guide to Nishanpur should be out before the show.

Legacy of Damnation is not going to make the show, but should arrive in about 8-10 weeks.

So we have no no reason not to produce our books.

Last edited:

philreed

Adventurer
Supporter
Paradigm said:
The Player's Guide to Arcanis and Ssethregore: In the Coils of the Serpent Empire will be with us at GenCon and City of Secrets: The Adventurer's Guide to Nishanpur should be out before the show.

I can vouch for these since I did the layout. God, how I did the layout.

My new record: 160-pages in 24 hours.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads