• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Hasbro Quarterly Report

ki11erDM

Explorer
{sarcasm}
I can’t believe they even brought up The Rouse’s defection!
{/sarcasm}
heheh

But really, I love reading those because it really lets you know how truly unimportant D&D is to Hasbro and how little day to day (or month to month for that matter) input they have in the operations at WoTC.

AllisterH

First Post
{sarcasm}
I can’t believe they even brought up The Rouse’s defection!
{/sarcasm}
heheh

But really, I love reading those because it really lets you know how truly unimportant D&D is to Hasbro and how little day to day (or month to month for that matter) input they have in the operations at WoTC.

Are we really surprised?

Transformers brought in $800+ million worldwide. GI Joe brought in 300+ million itself.

Yeah...if I'm an analyst I'm really going to be asking about WOTC much less D&D.

diaglo

Adventurer
Are we really surprised?

Transformers brought in $800+ million worldwide. GI Joe brought in 300+ million itself.

Yeah...if I'm an analyst I'm really going to be asking about WOTC much less D&D.

heck, i'm pretty sure Risk, Clue, Monopoly, Scrabble, Candyland, and the other board games brought in more revenue than D&D.

AllisterH

First Post
heck, i'm pretty sure Risk, Clue, Monopoly, Scrabble, Candyland, and the other board games brought in more revenue than D&D.

Especially with that aforementioned "Family Game Night" that Hasbro is advertising.

Although, while I think Monopoly and Scrabble might actually exceed D&D in revenue, I'm not so sure about Risk, Clue and Candyland. The former two especially have never been as big a seller as the big two boardgames, Monopoly and Scrabble.

Glyfair

Explorer
Especially with that aforementioned "Family Game Night" that Hasbro is advertising.

Although, while I think Monopoly and Scrabble might actually exceed D&D in revenue, I'm not so sure about Risk, Clue and Candyland. The former two especially have never been as big a seller as the big two boardgames, Monopoly and Scrabble.
Well, of the ones you mentioned Candyland and Monopoly are getting major movies (Ridley Scott is doing Monopoly) as well as Battleship, Ouija and Stretch Armstrong. I don't see quite the same push to get another D&D movie out there (or new D&D TV series).

pawsplay

Hero
Well, of the ones you mentioned Candyland and Monopoly are getting major movies (Ridley Scott is doing Monopoly) as well as Battleship, Ouija and Stretch Armstrong.

If they can get George Clooney as the Scotty Dog and Angelina Jolie as the hat, I am so there.

Nai_Calus

First Post
Well, of the ones you mentioned Candyland and Monopoly are getting major movies (Ridley Scott is doing Monopoly) as well as Battleship, Ouija and Stretch Armstrong. I don't see quite the same push to get another D&D movie out there (or new D&D TV series).

I...

What...

I... I...

There are no words. *curls into a ball in the corner and cries*

Remove ads