• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Haste and Rapid Shot...

F5

Explorer
If a Hasted archer uses the rapid shot feat, what is the attack bonus of the hasted attack?

Rapid shot lets you take an additional attack at full BAB-2, but all subsequent attacks are at -2. Does that -2 count towards the extra attack granted by Haste? I think that it does, but I'm not 100% sure.

JimAde

First Post
The description of haste includes

SRD said:
The attack is made using the creature’s full base attack bonus, plus any modifiers appropriate to the situation.

I'd say the -2 from Rapid Shot qualifies as a modifier appropriate to the situation. So if your regular modfier is, say, +4 you'd get three attacks at +2.

F5 said:
If a Hasted archer uses the rapid shot feat, what is the attack bonus of the hasted attack?

The hasted attack is made at full BAB-2.

Specifically, from the Haste spell:

SRD said:
The attack is made using the creature’s full base attack bonus, plus any modifiers appropriate to the situation.

The modifiers appropriate to the situation, in this case, include the -2 for Rapid Shot.

RandomPrecision

First Post
Well, while haste is being discussed, the SRD says "When making a full attack action, a hasted creature may make one extra attack with any weapon he is holding.".

How many extra attacks does a two-weapon fighter get? One with each weapon, or one attack (with either weapon)?

F5

Explorer
Thanks, all. I also vaguely remember rulings that say the minuses from actions taken (say, form fighting defensively) apply until your next action (for AoOs and whatnot), so I'd assume that the -2 from rapid shot falls in this same category.

I just couldn't think of the specific rules to base this on.

JimAde

First Post
RandomPrecision said:
Well, while haste is being discussed, the SRD says "When making a full attack action, a hasted creature may make one extra attack with any weapon he is holding.".

How many extra attacks does a two-weapon fighter get? One with each weapon, or one attack (with either weapon)?
And for that matter what about crossbows? Do I magically get an extra attack with my heavy crossbow even though it normally takes me an entire full round action to load the thing? I assume not, but it doesn't really say.

F5

Explorer
RandomPrecision said:

I read that one as only granting one attack. Otherwise it would say "may make an extra attack with any weapons he his holding", or something similar. It specifically calls out "one" attack. You can pick which weapon you'd rather attack with.

JimAde said:
And for that matter what about crossbows? Do I magically get an extra attack with my heavy crossbow

Yes, you do.

Unfortunately, because your crossbow isn't loaded, you can't make use of that extra attack.

It's no different than someone who full-attacks (and gets six melee attacks) but kills everyone he can reach with the first four. He's got two extra attacks remaining, but nothing to do with them.

Remove ads