• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Hate for new look for Green Dragon

Robert Ranting

First Post
I hate to quibble over the art of people who have mastered anatomy, composition, and color use far beyond anything I could do, but the nose horn really does bother me. It looks very tacked on to the end of the snout, like a sort of afterthought. Part of me hopes that the fighter will chop it off with his next swordstroke.

Other than that minor quibble, my only other problem with the pic is the Dwarf's hand holding the mace. The weapon's haft just looks too huge, and I don't see any fingers around it. Shouldn't we see knuckles from this angle?

Overall though, I do think this is my favorite of the 4E images released thusfar, and I love all the work that WAR has been doing for Paizo's Pathfinder Chronicles.

Robert "The D&D Official Dragons Have Always Been Kinda Silly Looking" Ranting

Sammael

Adventurer
I hate the new green dragon. Normally, the new look wouldn't bother me much since I can always reuse the illustrations from old editions, but the problem is that we will now NEVER get a Gargantuan or Huge green dragon mini with the "classical" look.

I will use the new green dragon mini as the emerald dragon.

graywulfe

First Post
Maggan said:
What amazes me is that you can focus on hate for a picture while a cat is licking your hand and pushing keys on the keyboard. :D

/M

I work in an electronics factory with a bunch of sub-neanderthal idiots, hate often motivates me. :lol:

Seriously though, the horn was my only real problem with the picture. The coloration and shading are quite well done. The wing detail is nice... but the head aaagh :) hehe

oh well.

Hey btw, thanks for putting up that link, frankthedm

Graywulfe

Li Shenron

Legend
Dyne said:
It wouldn't make sense for some green dragons to have horns in certain places, while others don't. That never happens in a species.

As for some dragons being fatter/thinner, having slightly different shaped faces, etc., that'd be fine. But there shouldn't be any more variance within a species than what would be realistic for animals.

Mmm... now that I think about it, I would actually like such unrealistic variations in some fantasy monsters like dragons or orcs. :cool:

Mitchbones

First Post
graywulfe said:
I don't know about anyone else but I Hate the new look for the Green Dragon. It looks dumb they seem to have kept the basic look of other dragons, which is good, so why the change to green. I actually liked the old look. Everything else looks good so far, despite looking at way too many soon to be obsolete books. Ayone got a link to the picture with the new look Green Dragon, want to show others the image that inspires my vehemence.

P.S. It is really hard to type while a cat is licking your hand and pushing keys on the keyboard. :p
I am sure there will be some hack to change model's skin, and someone will surly make a new green dragon skin.

problem solved

mhacdebhandia

Explorer
Tonguez said:
Take your pick:

a) No reason at all, but then the same applies to everyone complaining about the horn and spines of this new green dragon;

b) Because black dragons live in swamps and lagoons, not green dragons;

c) Because a crocodile lacks the majesty of a dragon, the same way a Persian cat lacks the majesty of a tiger.

Alnag

First Post
Well... what I don't get is... why to change. One thing is to left some race, class, monster off the book. Ok, I can get it. But what is wrong with the look of the dragon? How does the monster improve with some cosmetics? I mean, I do not understand the reasoning behind this. Especially when one know, that there is serious work behind the dragons look in 3e.

Remove ads