Haunted Halls of Evening Star

Kafkonia

First Post
Inspired by some threadomancy over in the conversions topic, what are your opinions of this module? It seems to be poorly thought of.

Huw

First Post
There're a couple of nice encounters (the first few rooms are wonderfully laid out), a little bit of humour (the girl in the mage's closet :eek: ), and lots of detail, but on the whole it's pretty dreadful. It's really disjoint and unbalanced.

I used portions of it in my last campaign. I cribbed the dungeon maps and some of the encounters, but chucked the setup and module itself. It's so-so, but not a bad source if you need a random lair or dungeon.

Faraer

Explorer
Kafkonia said:
Inspired by some threadomancy over in the conversions topic, what are your opinions of this module? It seems to be poorly thought of.
Before this thread, I never heard a bad word said about FRQ1 Haunted Halls of Eveningstar. It's one of my favourite modules, with exemplary integration of dungeon and setting, and it's a tremendous, inspiring microcosm of an involved low-level Realms campaign -- even in its severely cut-down published form.

Last edited:

Celebrim

Legend
Faraer said:
Before this thread, I never heard a bad word said about FRQ1 Haunted Halls of Eveningstar. It's one of my favourite modules, with exemplary integration of dungeon and setting, and it's a tremendous, inspiring microcosm of an involved low-level Realms campaign -- even in its severely cut-down published form.

Sarcasm?

Remove ads