• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Have a one-page RPG?

RetroGameView

First Post
I suppose this could either go in Homebrew or here, so I'll just stick it here.

Do you have a one-page or two-page RPG? I don't mean an RPG that you've found out in the mystical world of the Internet, I mean one you wrote yourself.

If you do, feel free to post a link to it in this thread and I'll make a character with it and do a video about it on my YouTube channel and add it to the channel's wiki, along with links to whatever website it can be acquired from.

Evenglare

Adventurer
I'm assuming this is a one/two page rpg system you are wanting? Not like those one page campaigns that savage worlds employs. If you are wanting a system I actually have been kicking around something in my head based solely off percentile dice, extremely rules lite (obviously). Actually I wouldn't even call it a system, but a toolbox to create a system. I've always liked the idea of the GM building what he or she wants, not just running a game with defined system constraints. Before you mention it, yes I am a Herophile and Gurps addict. Mutants and Masterminds has drawn me in lately as well. Anyway that's neither here nor there. I'll let you know if I come up with anything.

RetroGameView

First Post
I'm assuming this is a one/two page rpg system you are wanting?

Yes indeed, you are correct. I'm looking for game systems, not campaign write-ups. If the system does manage to somehow include a setting in one or two pages that's just fine, and I'd be surprised, but the idea is to feature games that are just one or two pages long.

I know that gamers are often tinkerers too and many like to come up with their own systems and would probably enjoy having a little feature done on them.

RetroGameView

First Post
I have one I've made. Out of curiosity, why are you making videos about these game systems?

For the fun of it. I've always thought there was something special about the one-page and two-page RPG systems and I've always been attracted to them. I like talking about roleplaying things, I know people that make their own systems like to share them, and I know a fair amount of my viewers like or are at least interested in roleplaying things, so I thought it would be fun, and I thought those that made the systems would enjoy having some attention.

Callahan09

Explorer
Sounds cool to me. I haven't got one myself, but I hope anyone who does will post a link so we can check it out and I look forward to your videos.

JamesonCourage

Adventurer
For the fun of it. I've always thought there was something special about the one-page and two-page RPG systems and I've always been attracted to them. I like talking about roleplaying things, I know people that make their own systems like to share them, and I know a fair amount of my viewers like or are at least interested in roleplaying things, so I thought it would be fun, and I thought those that made the systems would enjoy having some attention.
Interesting. Well, go crazy. Not that there's much for you to make character-wise (it's only one page, and most of that is system), but I'm interested to see your take on it :)

Attachments

• Single Page Game System.pdf
    138.2 KB · Views: 135

Evenglare

Adventurer
Here, just wrote this up tonight, very rough but hopefully you can get the gist of it. I call it the percentile simple system. It's not really even a system, is the fundamental rules and logic behind making your own system. Sort of how GURPS is a toolbox, HERO is one step deeper than a tool box, this is one step deeper than that I think. My take on a grand unified theory of RPGs. Uses 2d10 roll under percent. Anyway, enjoy.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B04T3zK6gGn8QXdXQWdrY292cWM/edit?usp=sharing

edit: Also if you want me to write up a simple system with these rules I can certainly do that so you can create a character with it if you want. Some basic fantasy system or something if you want.

Last edited:

GMMichael

Guide of Modos
A one-page RPG!? Fascinating! I'm guessing fast-play rules don't count (those tend to be around one page).

I'll check out the submissions so far - but now I'm wondering: do the rules for chess fit on one page? My Scrabble rules take an entire box-top. A one-page RPG would have to be pretty loosey-goosey, no?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads