Have you ever had a real experience you consider to be supernatural?

I have.

Normally I'm a rational skeptic, scientifically inclined person. I'm agnostic in that I believe that the actual origin to existence is almost certainly beyond human comprehension as we are now, so I believe that things we cannot explain likely do exist.

All that background established, I have had experiences I do believe had supernatural elements. One involved an experience I had while alone that I believe was a carefully aimed signal from a relative who had died recently. Another one involced several people, one a relative of mine, doing things over a few hours that were unusual to a notable degree and while seemingly unrelated all seemed to be perfectly timed to lead me to being exactly where and when I was needed to possibly save a woman's life.

Both experiences left me with the impression something had happened that had no rational explanation. I'm not easily convinced of the supernatural, but I believe they happened nonetheless.

Have you ever had an experience you believe to be supernatural? I'm kind of curious if other people who generally use analytical thought, which gamers often do, have experiences they can't rationally analyze.

Last edited:

Ryujin

Legend
When I was younger, I used to have flashes of Deja Vu strong enough that I would go to a new place, need to find a washroom, and somehow walk straight to one. Once, when I was walking home after work from the bus stop (about 1:00am) I had a flash of a girl's face in my head. Met and started dating the girl about 2 weeks later.

There are, in fact, rather mundane explanations that could cover those events. I subconsciously noticed signs for what I was looking for. The girl worked in the same airport that I did and I might have seen her, without really registering it at the time. Those are far less fun though ;)

All that background established, I have had experiences I do believe had supernatural elements. One involved an experience I had while alone that I believe was a carefully aimed signal from a relative who had died recently. Another one involced several people, one a relative of mine, doing things over a few hours that were unusual to a notable degree and while seemingly unrelated all seemed to be perfectly timed to lead me to being exactly where and when I was needed to possibly save a woman's life.
Do you only want to discuss other peoples' experiences, or would you also be interested in discussing the irrationality of your supernatural beliefs? I'd be happy to explain the flaws in your reasoning here.

BookTenTiger

He / Him
I'm an absolute skeptic, but I still love these stories. I've experienced some pretty wild coincidences, but never anything I would claim as supernatural.

Oh, except for the time a voice in my head warned me a guy at a karate tournament was going to kick me right between the legs, and then he did!

pnewman

Adventurer
Long ago, before caller ID, I used to always know if the caller was my sister, but it only worked on land lines. I absolutely do not believe in the supernatural but I have no idea why this happened.

Dioltach

Legend
Many years ago, I was ill - high fever and things. I went to sleep early, and woke up while it was twilight so my room wasn't very dark. There was a short female figure standing across the room, dressed in a grey robe with the hood pulled down over her face but with white hair coming down across her shoulders.

I pulled the blanket over my head, and even though I'm not religious I started praying.

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
There was a street light (white shining on road near middle of a residential block iirc) in Princeton NJ that I could never figure out how it decided to go on or off as I walked by (it was like a reverse set motion sensor going off most of the time when I got close, or someone having a switch for it messing with me). Luckily no one called the cops as I walked by it well over a dozen times that evening .

Last edited:

Remove ads