• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Have you ever searched the net on your EN World Handle?

Terraism

Explorer
I get a lot of poorly-spelt "terrorism" references (oh, joy :\), a few references to terraism as "a belief in the inherent value of Nature and the environment, as opposed to "terrorism" against the environment," and then stuff related to me. In relatively that order. Except that my profile at the SJGames site beats CNN's poor editing.

Samothdm

First Post
Mine just turns up tons of posts on various RPG sites like Mortality, Fantasy Flight, RPGHost, Wizards, Mongoose, Silven Crossroads, and here of course. The odd thing is that I've posted on other sites but those don't get picked up by Google.

Take off the "dm" and just search for "samoth" and most of them seem to be about some kind of metal rock band. Apparently there is also a town in Illinois named "Samoth". Someone stole my name!

DaveStebbins

First Post
Well, I've Google'd my real name, does that count?

As I remember, one of the first sites that turns up (if not the first one) is the "I Hate Dave Stebbins Club" started by a different Dave Stebbins in another state.

:D

Aitch Eye

First Post
I've found that I'm an integral part of half-assed attempts to disguise certain four letter words. It's nice to be part of something bigger than just me.

It was odd to see the site listed as my homepage show up entirely by virtue of being linked to in my profile, as the term itself doesn't appear there. If I registered on a board that had no standards as to what was acceptable in user names, I could deliver a Google-slap to the webmaster that would leave him completely bewildered.

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Darth K'Trava said:
Considering mine's partially unique. :cool:

That's no guarantee of safety!

I was startled the first time I tried to register for a site, and found there was already a 'Hypersmurf' there. Since then, it's happened quite a few times.

I believe the one on YahooGroups is even female.

Considering no official Smurf material ever contained a 'Hypersmurf', I'm rather bemused that there's more than one around!

-Hyp.

Brain

First Post
Henry said:
Almost as pointless as Darkness', searching for my name on Google produces 89 million, 100 thousand hits.

Searching for Henry + ENWorld, however, produces 5,870 hits, the second entry produces my real name for all to see. :p

Brain turns up 69,800,000 on Google
Brain + ENWorld turns up 48,800

MonsterMash

First Post
Brain said:
Brain turns up 69,800,000 on Google
Brain + ENWorld turns up 48,800
"Monster Mash" + ENWorld turns up 165 hits
"MonsterMash" + ENWorld turns up a mere 14 hits!

If I google my real name I get mainly sports related links - running ones (which are me), a former Nebraska and LA Raiders Quarterback, an akido guy and a diver (both the last two are also from the UK).

Remove ads