• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Have You Ever Used Monsters from Dragon Magazine?

Pants

First Post
The last Creature Catalogue had loads of cool monsters. I haven't used any yet, but I'll be damned if I don't find a use for the Living Wall, Gray Shiver, Rune Golem, and the Hellchain Weaver.

I also used a few of the Elemental Demons back in the day. Air Demons I think. They're kinda boring but they fit the CR and creature type that I needed.

MadMaxim

First Post
I also used some of the elemental demons, but they were mostly cannon fodder. However, a hex dragon has played a major role in my current campaign and it proved to be a major pain for the party to deal with. Their retributive curse is great! :]

Pants

First Post
BOZ said:
i *hear* that there will be another one in the not-too-distant future. ;)
By last I did not mean to say that there would be no more ;)

I can't wait wait. The *latest* one was awesome. The one before that.... not so much.

the Jester

Legend
Yeah, I've used a lot of Dragon and Dungeon creatures, dating back even to when there were modules in some issues of Dragon. (Chagmat is one of my favorites...) I've used things ranging from the bleeder to that earth serpent "suck your minerals out" thingee in that issue in the early 3.0 days. Good stuff! On the whole, I've really enjoyed Dragon monsters- and even if I don't use them, I enjoy having them. :)

I've used a few. I had no problems with them. Worked well in the game. Though not really the subject, the ecology series can be really useful also though they spotlight well known / existing published critters and humanoids. Ecology of the Adventurer will remain legendary for me.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads