• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Have You Purchased Any Additional 4e Supplements Beyond the First Three Core Books?

Have You Purchased Any Additional 4e Supplements Beyond the First Three Core Books?

Just the core books.

Not that I expect an answer but who voted "None of your business?" Why bother?

I legally downloaded them for review purposes
That is not in any way, shape or form legal unless you downloaded them from WotC. NOTE: I'm only pointing out that copying files without permission of the copyright holder is a crime regardless of whether or not money changed hands. That's a fact. Whether or not that should be illegal is not a valid topic for this forum.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
That is not in any way, shape or form legal unless you downloaded them from WotC. NOTE: I'm only pointing out that copying files without permission of the copyright holder is a crime regardless of whether or not money changed hands. That's a fact. Whether or not that should be illegal is not a valid topic for this forum.

I'm not suggesting that my purpose in reviewing them is what made them legal. I'm a staff reviewer for OneBookShelf (that is, RPGNow and DriveThruRPG), so any review products sent to me through those agencies are always by the original vendor, which was WotC in this case. Hence, it was legal in every way, shape, and form. :p

catsclaw227

First Post
I'm not suggesting that my purpose in reviewing them is what made them legal. I'm a staff reviewer for OneBookShelf (that is, RPGNow and DriveThruRPG), so any review products sent to me through those agencies are always by the original vendor, which was WotC in this case. Hence, it was legal in every way, shape, and form. :p
Which of the RPGNow reviews for the 4e core books yours?

EDIT: Doh! I should have read your sig more closely. Those darn things fade into the background after a while. :)

Last edited:

No. I purchased the three 4e core books because I preordered them sight unseen from my FLGS. Different people in my group run different games on alternating weeks. I've been playing 4e almost every other week since it's release, and honestly it's only because I enjoy hanging out with my friends. I decided after about the fifth or sixth session that I don't like the new edition, and wouldn't be buying any more 4e books.

Scribble

First Post
I bought the core book set, and then a subscription to DDI.

Going to pick up the Manual of The Planes soon.

I haven't gotten any of the other books because my DDI subscription has pretty much all the info I need from them, and others in the group have the hard copies if I need a reference.

vazanar

First Post
Core Books, KotS, Manual of the Planes, FR, Trollhaunt, DDI

I tend to dm the most hence the selections of books. The players in my group have gotten all the player equivalent books. Also DDI gives access to everything anyway.

Campbell

Relaxed Intensity
Voted bought the core, but no supplements yet. I really would like to buy some of the supplements, but I haven't been able to afford them since I decided to go back to school.

Gothmog

First Post
I've bought everything but the Character Sheets and Starter Set from WotC. Yes, I even bought the collector's edition books. The real gem so far has been Martial Power- if the other power source books are this good, I'll be really happy!

I've also bought the APG, and five of Goodman's DCC adventures, as well as Fang, Fist, & Fury, and the Dragonborn book. So far everything has been great quality, and I haven't regretted any purchases.

Serendipity

Explorer
Aside from the Core books, just Manual of the Planes which I'm quite happy with. I've looked over (thoroughly) the three H series adventures and didn't really care for them (Pyramid had some nice old school vibes but not enough to warrant me paying for it.) I might pick up Adventurer's Vault (should I actually get a 4e game going) at some point but for the forseeable future that's unlikely.

I don't know what's more surprising -- that you downloaded them legally or that WotC sends out staff reviews on DriveThruRPG.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads