• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Have you seen this monster?

Aeolius

Adventurer
Missing: Greenhag, Sea Hag, Annis

Replaced by their ugly stepsisters: Howling Hag, Bog Hag, and Death Hag

Most of the playable aquatic races are gone as well, but I somewhat expected that.

Grazzt

Demon Lord
MindWanderer said:
Blink dogs will need a significant reflavoring to make us want to kill them. They were Good, after all.

Make 'em Unaligned. That's what they did with some of the other previously good-aligned monsters that appear in the MM 4e.

Fobok

First Post
I hope the rust monsters come back. I've had some fun with those over the years. (As just one example, and completely as a shock to me at the time, my group decided to seek them out. Not to kill, but to capture. Their nation was being invaded by a nation using iron war golems, (not classical golems, more a fantasy homage to battlemechs), so they went hunting to capture some rust monsters and unleash them in the enemy camp when the pilots slept. Led to some interesting encounters, I must say. Also one of the most creative solutions I've ever seen.)

Khuxan

First Post
Pathfinder has a generic 'broken weapon' property. I thought this was a great idea and a perfect fit for rust monsters. Does 4E have something similar?

Ishmayl

First Post
There are at least two of those beasties under the heading "Pseudodragon" (or was it "Drake?" I can't remember) that could very easily be a raptor and a T-rex.

Remove ads