• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Haversack Equipment Damage

Dantilla

First Post
I am a somewhat inexperienced DM trying to run a 2nd edition Ravenloft module with 3.5 ed rules (but that's another story...)

My quandry is this: In the module, an NPC creates a doomsday device that ends up unleashing a *HUGE* wave of negative energy and general badness, powerful enough to level a seven story building, kill everyone in a sprawling metropolis of 25,000, including the PC's, and reanimate them all as undead. (Won't THEY be surprised!)

I've had no problem so far with finding suitable templates, etc. for the undead the PC's are to become, but my question involves their stuff--it is said in the module that mundane items seem aged and worn by the negative energy coursing through the area, and there is a 5% chance that they will break upon use. This applies to all non-magical items that the PC's were carrying at the time of the explosion as well.

Many of my PC's keep most of their things in a Heward's Handy Haversack. My question is, would said Haversack be enough of a barrier to protect all mundane items inside from such a powerful wave of negative energy? Or would these items also show the effect of the exposion? Considering this is Ravenloft, I want to be correct, but keep the flavor of the setting as well.

Peter Gibbons

First Post
Dantilla said:
My question is, would said Haversack be enough of a barrier to protect all mundane items inside from such a powerful wave of negative energy?
If the wave does not affect magic items such as the Haversack itself...yes, the Haversack would protect all mundane items inside it.

Richards

Legend
That would be my take on it as well. The interior of the haversack is an extradimensional space, so anything inside it at the time of the negative energy explosion should be safe.

Johnathan

Remove ads