• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Hawk the Slayer coming out on DVD

Nathanael

First Post
This is the ultimate D&D movie. As bad as it is, it captures the spirit of the game when I first played it.

To this day I still remmeber the triple take of the elf jumping over a log and firing his bow, and that disgusting dwarf dude with the whip and the see-food diet.

A genuine classic...

Negative Zero

First Post
is that the one where the big bad guy offers to let someone cut off his head and then he gets to do the same to them? i remember seeing those really cheesy fantasy movies when i was a kid, but i can't remember which one this was! fill me in someone, please?

~NegZ

Negative Zero

First Post
Nathanael said:
You're thinking of Gawain and the Green Knight with Sean Connery.

heh. i think you're right. "Body! Come to me my body!!" LOL that line still cracks me up. Green Knight huh? i oughtta look for that somewhere. so Hawk the Slayer was the one with the quick shooting elf which was realy just the same shot cut and pasted over and over, right?

~NegZ

Last edited:

Nathanael

First Post
No, not just to speed up the shots. I'm talking an actual triple take, where they show him jump over a log, shoot and then repeat it twice more.

And they don't even change angles when they do it! It's the exact same shot!

Seriously bad film-making, but that is where it achieves its greatness...:)

Last edited:

Remove ads