Hawkeye Disney+ Limited Series (spoilers)

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Yeah. It seems to me that Clint wants to at least semi-retire, so passing on the name makes sense - after all Cap did it, so why can't he?
yeah Clint officially retired after the Battle of Sokovia, and every subsequent appearance has been reluctant (Civil War because of his personal loyalty to Rogers and then as Ronin after the Snap). Being able to hand on the mantle of Hawkeye would be the ideal for Clint - it might even set up Himself and Mrs Hawkeye as mentors to a new team of young avengers

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
the Sheild Logo and Agent 19 imprint on the watch was a cop out, what kind of good Secret Agent wears a watch that advertises who their employer is?
Shield put their logo all over the place for a supposedly secret organization. But it could have also been a retirement gift.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
Shield put their logo all over the place for a supposedly secret organization. But it could have also been a retirement gift.
Well, they weren’t a secret organization. They were a spy agency, and in the long American tradition, they had a big fancy office building headquarters and their logo all over their kit.

I mean, it’s not like and agent is taking their “20 years with the company” watch out on secret missions.

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
also did the whistle thing that stopped Yelena remind anyone else of the Maarthaaa scene in BvS? it wasnt as cringey as a Maarthaa scene especially after the reminder released in the past week that when Yelena visited Natashas grave she whistled to her sister (but didnt get a reply). That they released that 'director commentary' now and then we get pay off in Hawkeye giving the return whistle, just goes to show how tightly crafted and integrated the MCU is and Hawkeye has particularly good writing
One person specifically doing the whiltle because they knew what it meant to the other person and needing to convey how much their shared friend/sister meant to them that she would share something secret from so many years ago.

Sorry, didn't get a single "Maarthaaa" vibe from it in the slightest.

Ryujin

Legend
Is it a secret organisation? It has helicarriers! At least from its portrayal in the movies, I assumed it was a well-known military branch.
They were a known intelligence agency but their one helicarrier was capable of cloaking and secret, until they made 20 of them and they... weren't. Launching a bunch of them from under the headquarters reflecting pool was a bit of a give-away.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
also did the whistle thing that stopped Yelena remind anyone else of the Maarthaaa scene in BvS? it wasnt as cringey as a Maarthaa scene especially after the reminder released in the past week that when Yelena visited Natashas grave she whistled to her sister (but didnt get a reply). That they released that 'director commentary' now and then we get pay off in Hawkeye giving the return whistle, just goes to show how tightly crafted and integrated the MCU is and Hawkeye has particularly good writing
I like Hawkeye a lot, but that bit was pretty basic writing 101. It ticked the box correctly and served its function, but it wasn’t particularly interesting.

Is it a secret organisation? It has helicarriers! At least from its portrayal in the movies, I assumed it was a well-known military branch.
It's called out a couple of times in Agents if Shield.

But if you look at some real life intelligence agencies, officially they don't exist, even though everyone knows they do.

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
It's kind of hard to pin down. Even in the comics SHIELD was pretty secretive - hidden bases and all that as inspired by the Man from UNCLE. But I think it's more of an iceberg kind of organization - it may have had a small public profile but there's a LOT going on underneath the relatively impenetrable surface.
In various other incarnations, it's been higher profile - including the Ultimates universe.

Remove ads