Hayabusa's Dawn of Defiance: Chapter I: The Traitor's Gambit

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
<<OOC: Assuming that current Tactical Situation was passed on from R5 as we approach so we can make last minute adjustments.>>
Mack exclaims quietly over the comlink, "I think we are a little farkled."
"If that means we're dead three steps intaw there, then I gawt taw frecking agree... Ambush once they get out, you freckers, AMBUSH!" strongly advises Sloor. "We'll have cawver frawm the dawr, they'll be stranded in the middle awf that endless desert!"

I ask if you would be willing to patch up my wounds. If it makes you feel any better, just think of me as blaster fodder. The longer I'm up, the less shots they take at you.
Sloor gifts Keyton with a saddened-incredulous look. No doubt he'd have much to say in quieter circonstances, but here he just barks out a quick: "10 creds."

<Assuming a "what" or equivalent:
"You spit awn my livelyhood and then you want taw prawfit frawm it?" asks Sloor, his voice lowering as they get in sight of the blast doors. "Learn it and learn it naw, batawn baw: naw prawfits, naw TB, naw healing! If it makes you feel any better, think awf it as an awbject lessan," he finishes, using the same tones Keyton did earlier but with a slow, predatory grin that's all his own.

"Maintenance and repairs do add up," muses the droid in question. "Why, as you see me now I am 5000 credits away from being merely 'fully operational', and the medpack I shall be using is itself ten times dearer than your total contribu..." It narrows its optics at its owner, "You are being uncharacteristicaly generous, aren't you?"

Sloor shrugs, "I liked the fawdder idea."

«If Keyton pays up, Sloor wil asks TB to use the last of their Medpacks to heal the man. Take 10 for 5 HP healed, 7 if someone successfully helps another, Keyton himself being at -5 on the attemps to heal himself.

[sblock=Translation]"You spit on my livelyhood and then you want to profit from it?"

"Learn it and learn it now, baton boy: no profits, no TB, no healing! If it makes you feel any better, think of it as an object lesson,"

"I liked the fodder idea."[/sblock]«Initiative: 1d20=14. Not Bad. Start at C21, HIDING on the side of the door please (17 to spot). TB is behind him, also hiding (18 to spot).

perrinmiller

Adventurer
"If that means we're dead three steps intaw there, then I gawt taw frecking agree... Ambush once they get out, you freckers, AMBUSH!" strongly advises Sloor. "We'll have cawver frawm the dawr, they'll be stranded in the middle awf that endless desert!"

Mack replies, "They might not come out before reinforcements show up. Hope we are ambushing them from right here. Make your shots count."

Sloor gifts Keyton with a saddened-incredulous look. No doubt he'd have much to say in quieter circonstances, but here he just barks out a quick: "10 creds."
Mack replies before an argument ensues (no time for that now), "I will pay," thinking to himself, and take it out of any maintenance I do on TB in the future.

Binder Fred

The besalisk glances his way: so *there's* the 3m thick Mack he met on the promenade (wonder where he was gone all this time?). Walked right by the point without even noticing it's there... Sloor swivels his gaze back to the dark-haired human and *smiles* with pointed anticipation, "You gawing to let him?"

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Mack asks Keyton, "Before we actually open this door, I want to ask you, do you actually have a ranged weapon? If we are going to try taking them down from the doorway, it is a long way for you to engage in melee combat while they take shots at you. You might not make it very far."

Then Mack turns to the Besalisk, "Sloor, if R5 can transmit your voice over an intercom in the Docking Bay, do you think you can come up with another distraction or diversion to either get the troopers closer to the door or something to make it easier for us to take them out quickly? Maybe in combination with Mir's Wookiee scheme?"

<<OOC: I don't think we are quite ready to open that door yet. BTW the door isn't locked is it? And can R5 open it remotely so we can remain out of sight initially?>>

Binder Fred

Mack asks Keyton, "Before we actually open this door, I want to ask you, do you actually have a ranged weapon? If we are going to try taking them down from the doorway, it is a long way for you to engage in melee combat while they take shots at you. You might not make it very far."
Holding his own riffle one-handed, Sloor gestures to TB and chucks the proffered carbine into Keyton's arms, "Shoot ance taw say hellaw, batan baw, then me and you'll set up a beach-head by thaws crates awn the left," he proposes to the mad human. "I'll shoot, you take care awf any that cawm claws."

«I suggest we shoot at available targets during the surprise round, then Run to the crates on the right (right on the map, our left facing in).
«With their stock folded, carbines can be shot as pistols so no need to stash your saber and have to draw it again either.

Then Mack turns to the Besalisk, "Sloor, if R5 can transmit your voice over an intercom in the Docking Bay, do you think you can come up with another distraction or diversion to either get the troopers closer to the door or something to make it easier for us to take them out quickly? Maybe in combination with Mir's Wookiee scheme?"
Sloor shakes his head, no, and leans close, shoulder brushing Mack's shoulder, "I ain't taw happy abawt gawing in there either, Mack man, but you're finessing us intaw awer deaths here. Shaving awf a few secands ain't wawrth loosing the swimmer: we either daw a prawper ambush awt here AWR we gaw in blazing and maybe, *maybe* get surprise. It's the best we can hawp fawr." Louder, leaning back up and addressing the group at large, "Are we gawna DAW this?"

«Assuming a lack of "no"s, Sloor triggers the door.

Mir <----- You're up!

[Sblock=Translation]"Shoot once to say hello, baton boy, then me and you'll set up a beach-head by those crates on the left,"

"I'll shoot, you take care of any that come close."

"I ain't to happy about going in there either, Mack man, but you're finessing us into our deaths here. Shaving of a few seconds ain't worth loosing the swimmer: we either do a proper ambush out here OR we go in blazing and maybe, *maybe* get surprise. It's the best we can hope for."

"Are we gonna DO this?"[/sblock]

Songdragon

Explorer
As the the door slides open Mir opens her eyes and takes a breif look about the cargo room (Perception 1d20+7=26)and concentrates. Several meters from her a dark furred wookie takes form and starts barreling towards the nearest group of troopers rroaring with unbridled rage and begins shooting. The shoots seem to rain all about the troopers.

The the group she comments as she maintains the illusion, "Now. This will not last long"

OCC: You have 6 seconds. Illusion vs Will Def 17 (take 10 on Use the force check)

Last edited:

possum

First Post
Initiative Order

Hovercraft 27
Mir 19
Officer 17
Keyton 16
Mack 15
Sloor 14
Stormtroopers 14

The officers are surprised as a wookiee suddenly appears in the room, raining down bowcaster fire upon them. Those on foot return fire, missing the intruder completely. The thundering sound of the hovercraft's blaster cannon going off fills the room.

SURPRISE ROUND

Okay, everyone, you're up.

Songdragon

Explorer
Mir comments before moving, "The Imperials have moved to the other end of the room. We need to move to get a better vantage." And Mir moves to G22. (done)

Nebten

First Post
Thank you Mack. Sloor, keep the gun as payment. Use the med-pack with got off the stormtroopers. Let's fulfill our desteny.

After TB patches up Keyton he nods in agreement with Sloor as he opens the door. Keyton dashes into the room towards F16 to set up his approach.

Last edited:

Binder Fred

After TB patches up Keyton
«Has Keyton paid the 10 credits? In this case I have to assume that his silence means no. Sloor has been quite clear about this but I'll re-state: No credits, no healing. Keyton's choice.

EDIT= Mack <-------- is up!

Last edited:

Remove ads