Hayabusa's Dawn of Defiance: Chapter II: A Wretched Hive

possum

First Post
"Demos," the Trandoshan replies as he points to the Neimoidian by Darga's side, "takes the bests before the fight begins."

The feast is mostly done when Darga calls out a stern halting to the music. The dancing girls stop their movements and a door to the side is flung open by a Gamorean guard. Two more of his fellows follow, carrying a bruised Devaronian by the arms. With a rough shove, they deposit him on the ground. You can now see that it's Warrick Raden.

The Hutt speaks in a booming voice so that his voice can be heard throughout the court, proclaiming that he is tired with Raden frequently bringing in unwanted guests to him, no matter how competent they may be.

Raden is on his feet at once, pleading with Darga before one of the guards brings the butt of his vibroaxe to the back of his knee. A sickening crack fills the chamber before he is able to scream in pain. He falls to the marbled floor of the main chamber, hands helplessly clutching at his shattered knee.

"Mighty Darga has come to the decision that Raden's service to him has ended," the protocol droid says after another thunderous announcement by the Hutt. Mir is the first to hear the next part. "And one of you shall do the honors..."

Darga's bulbous eyes glare over the four of you.

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Mack looks disappointed, but then Mir is always just ignoring his advances regardless, so he is not surprised that she won't share.
Sloor pats the human's shoulder comfortingly (if a bit too hard),"Taw bad, Mack man. Thawght you had her fawr sure taw!" Curious, he too takes a pinch of the recommended grubs and chews thoughtfully... "Hm! Peppery! That green and blue thing awver there ain't bad either; think it's a salad -- kelp maybe?"

"Demos," the Trandoshan replies as he points to the Neimoidian by Darga's side, "takes the bests before the fight begins."
The big alien raises a hand in thanks before dropping back-in on the conversation with his friends. "I dan't knaw abawt you spirks, but I gawt the feeling we're gawing taw be -ah- 'encawraged' taw participate." He looks to those around him, "You ever get the feeling you're caught in a great big current-awf-events awr sawmething?"

<Response any?>

"Mighty Darga has come to the decision that Raden's service to him has ended," the protocol droid says after another thunderous announcement by the Hutt. Mir is the first to hear the next part. "And one of you shall do the honors..."

Darga's bulbous eyes glare over the four of you.
Fre-ek! Seems the 'current' has taken a frekking 90-degree turn towards the marbling unexpected!

Sloor lowers his chin so nobody outside the four (five counting TB) can see his lips move. "I've gawt a plan, but *sawmebawdy* frekking tell me they want taw volunteer taw awff the bastard instead!" That would make things oh so much easier.

<Response everyone?>

OOC: Sloor is whispering, of course .

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Mack Granger, Human Male Soldier

Mack shrugs and accepts his friends reassurance with some grace, "Well, if it weren't for that way she has of getting people to do what she wants, I would try harder. I still remember her threat to make me run around naked."

He tries the salad and gives it a pass after only a nibble. He comments, "I already know that the galaxy revolves around us, so of course we are going to be in the center, buddy. Good thing we can handle it, eh?"

The soldier's confidence is such that he feels like he has gonads the size of Death Stars.

After surveying the situation with Raden's called for execution, he comments out of the side of his mouth, "We are supposed to be the Crimson Fists, right? Baddest frakkin' mercs this side of Nar Shaddaa and the guy did have his goons attack us."

"I suppose the humane thing to do would be off him quickly, merciful like. I think he dead either way, at least if I put the blaster rifle to his temple it will be quick and painless."

"Sometimes we need to remember the big picture."

He looks to Darius and Mir for their opinions on the matter.

[sblock=Mini Stats]DP: 3 (Rescue) FP: 6
Init: +8 Perception: +9
HP: 47 (16 Threshold) Current: 47 CT: 0
Reflex: 20 (18ff) Fort: 16 Will: 14

Weapon in Hand: Blaster Rifle

Attack Options: Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Battle Analysis, Cover Fire, Running Attack, Quick Draw[/sblock]___________________________________

MackSmall.jpg
Mack Granger

toasterferret

Explorer
Darius looks back to Mack, an indiscernible look crossing his face momentarily before answering: "He's a goner either way, unless someone here has something up their sleeve... As sickening as the prospect may be, the pragmatic approach may be the wisest..."

Binder Fred

"Saw gaw daw it, wise ass," fires back the besalisk. His bothered look is as good as a double, perhaps even a triple dare.

<Response Darius?>

OOC: Note that Sloor has already said that he does indeed have "something up his sleeve".

Last edited:

toasterferret

Explorer
Darius cocks an eyebrow in Sloor's direction. "I'd rather know what you had in mind. If anyone would have something up their sleeves, it would be you." he mumbles under his breath: You do have four after all..."

Songdragon

Explorer
As Darga had Raden brought forth and made his proclamation and then looked to the group, Mir held her face in a non-committal way as best she could, inside, she was horrified. As Sloor whispered she attempted to gather forth the courage to stand and accept and trusting in the Besalisk to forgo any killing.

She looked up and Mack had beaten her, but almost as frightening was the man's causal demeanor about it. She hopped it was an act that he often played, after all Mack always played the tough guy.

Darius' comments, she just did not know. He was a Jedi, but to be so callous about another beings fate.

Mir's head swam in the turmoil that felt like it was an eternity, but only mere seconds had passes. What could she do. Darga expected Raden dead... She looked to Sloor, hoping he knew what he was doing and readied to help him as best she could...

Binder Fred

"Figured," comments Sloor to Darius as he stands up and looks around at the assembly (Frekking can't believe I'm frekking doing this!)... He scratches behind his neck, a bit embarrassed: "Look, aw Nawble Awne, we all agree Raden's a frekking mudcrutch with bits awf sculag scattered awn tawp -" A casually hard knock on that worthy's wounded knee, eliciting a painful howl. "- naw questian. But he *did* just intrawduce us taw a pawerful new client," a gesture towards the Hutt himself, "saw it dawestn't seem quite right fawr *us* taw just rub him awt fawr it either..."

A spreading grin as he looks straight into the dark pools of his employer's bulging eyes, "But well, I hear you're a being who likes a gamble naw and then, saw haw abawt we make it a little mawre... interesting instead?" He spreads his arms, like a magician unveiling one of his best tricks: "Capture the Raden! Rattatak rules; we defend, your best team awn awffense. Cawntest cawntinues until Raden dies awr Zayda's team surrenders!"

Last edited:

possum

First Post
Darga gives a low and thoughtful chuckle at Sloor's suggestion. He responds in a booming voice. "An entertaining suggestion..." the droid translates. "If he survives and you give me an entertaining show, I might let him live..."

On the other side of the table, Zayda gives a smile at his opponents.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Mack Granger, Human Male Soldier

On hearing Sloor's plan up his sleeves, Mack chuckles and says quietly for his companions alone, "Good idea, buddy. I did not see that one coming. We can be tough guys and save the drekhead to boot."

"What are these rules of Rattattakatak or whatever? Can we use frag grenades?"

[sblock=Mini Stats]DP: 3 (Rescue) FP: 6
Init: +8 Perception: +9
HP: 47 (16 Threshold) Current: 47 CT: 0
Reflex: 20 (18ff) Fort: 16 Will: 14

Weapon in Hand: Blaster Rifle

Attack Options: Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Battle Analysis, Cover Fire, Running Attack, Quick Draw[/sblock]___________________________________

MackSmall.jpg
Mack Granger

Remove ads