• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Hayabusa's Dawn of Defiance: Chapter II: A Wretched Hive

possum

First Post
Darga nods his approval to the revised price.

[MENTION=23494]Songdragon[/MENTION] Can you give me an untrained-allowed Knowledge: Life Sciences check, please?

Demos furrows his brow slightly. "Possibly," the majordomo says. "The slaves are in quite a poor physical condition when we get them though..."

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Darga nods his approval to the revised price
and Sloor rubs and hits his palms in a let's-get-this frekking-show-going-then way. He let's out a pleased chuckle: "Always a pleasure taw wawrk with sawmebawdy whaw knaws true quality when he sees it!" He turns to share with his three teammates, noting their general mood for the first time... Well, it's not like he can't sympathize, but still, he's feeling a bit perverse all of a sudden: "Beer's awn me tonight, spirks!"

Demos furrows his brow slightly. "Possibly," the majordomo says. "The slaves are in quite a poor physical condition when we get them though..."
"Yeah, I've been wanting taw talk taw you abawt that. Haw bad is it, really? Maybe you and m..."

Then, what had started has a simple way to get that frekking slave inspection run back on the table suddenly sparked into something more. Frek Yeah! The others can feel his excitement: "Have taw make a call awr taw, but I just *might* knaw a spirk who knaws a bigger spirk who might be interested in taking your awverflaw, Nawble Awne!" That could solve both their problems, nicely... "Depending, awf cawrse, awn what kind awf frecsing *vawlume* we'd be talking abawt here..? Demaws man?"

(Good occasion to gather up some frecsing intel while they're at it too! He's a frekking *genius*! (and it's still early in the morning too.))

<Response Demos?>

Binder Fred

A nod: confirmation. "He's a human, but the talk gaws that he's selling taw- a certain species fawr... living parts, I guess you could call it." A muscled arm casually wipes that away before he starts throwing up, "Best nawt taw ask too much questions in awer business sawmetimes, right? Pawint is: his material's gawt taw be alive, but he dawsn't care too much abawt... freshness, if you see what I mean." He looks from Demos to Darga: oh they understand alright! "Fifty might be a bit awn the law side fawr him though: is that fifty a month? Fifty a week? What?"

"*Counting* that vawlume increase the clients want taw push through tawnight?"

<Response Demos/Darga?>

(He discreetly points TB towards Mir with a hand not presently gesturing attention away, and the droid backs off before silently gliding over to a seemingly respectful spot behind the short-haired scout.

"Trust him," it whispers, dipping down low.)

OOC: Taking 10 on any needed Stealth rolls if I may, for a total of 18 for Sloor and 18 for TB.

Dr Simon

Explorer
Darius glances at Mack, gives him a quizzical look to say "Where's he going with this?", indicating Sloor with a subtle nod of the head.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Mack Granger, Human Male Soldier

Most of the time Mack has not idea what the besalisk is thinking, having learned long ago that it drives nuts trying to figure it out. Usually he fairs better while intoxicated instead of hungover though.

He shrugs and replies, "Dunno."

The soldier normally would try to help Sloor's efforts, offering his meager persuasion skills. But he is having a hard time figuring out the best way to interject, nor even sure that such help is required.

[sblock=Mini Stats]DP: 4 (Rescue) FP: 6
Init: +10 Perception: +10(+8 without Helmet)
HP: 55 (17 Threshold) Current: 55 CT: 0
Reflex: 21 (18ff) Fort: 17 Will: 15

Weapon in Hand: Blaster rifle (single shot/stun)

Attack Options: Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Battle Analysis, Cover Fire, Running Attack, Quick Draw, Rapid Shot[/sblock]___________________________________

MackSmall.jpg
Mack Granger

possum

First Post
Sloor can see Darga wince slightly when hearing "living parts" and the implications of it. Taking a lead from his employer, Demos calmly refuses the offer.

Binder Fred

Fre-ek... Didn't figure the Hutt for the sensitive type. At all!

Sloor shakes off his astonishment and raises a pair of hands, asking for forbearance (Better mitigate this one fast or it's a goner!): "Look. That's what the *rumawrs* say. Maybe the spirk says different, I dan't knaw. I can at least try taw set up a meet and we can hear his stawry first hand, right? Nearly-dead slaves are nawt gawing taw be easy taw place anywhere, Nawble Awne, especially nawt at a sizable prawfit..."

<Response Darga?>

OOC: Let me know if you want a Persuassion roll, Possum.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads