Hayabusa's Dawn of Defiance: Chapter II: A Wretched Hive

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Mack Granger, Human Male Soldier

Mack comments sardonically, but the speaker of his helmet package makes his tone more flat and mechanical, "The Lord Darga is wise and devious. I can stand and observe, watching the liar hang himself."

"I believe the Crimson Fists will be able to position ourselves to ensure he doesn't escape. Assuming we know where all the secret exits are, if any."

"What about the Imps, Lord Darga?"

[sblock=Mini Stats]DP: 4 (Rescue) FP: 6
Init: +10 Perception: +10(+8 without Helmet)
HP: 55 (17 Threshold) Current: 55 CT: 0
Reflex: 21 (18ff) Fort: 17 Will: 15

Weapon in Hand: Blaster rifle

Attack Options: Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Battle Analysis, Cover Fire, Running Attack, Quick Draw, Rapid Shot[/sblock]___________________________________

MackSmall.jpg
Mack Granger

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
"Yes... the enslaved lizard-woman finally says after a little prompting from Sloor. She states what they were mining, which is an ore crucial to the manufacture of durasteel.
"Frek if that makes sense taw me!" And it really doesn't. Sloor puts a finger under Mizza's chin, raising her head to look at her a while before rising once more, shaking his head and addressing Demos over his shoulder, "Empire must be awff their gourd if they think this is... What's the wawrd I'm looking fawr, TB?"

"Remotely ethical?"

The besalisk gives it a bothered look: "Try again, smart mawuth."

"A viable business model then?"

"That's the awne."

<Response Demos?>

Is this what the Sarlacc is? Just a way to shunt dissidents off the table? Frek would that ever be disappointing...

But no, the Varth man said the Empire was putting major push on this thing: 'large sums of credits and resources', he said. 'Routing resources through the Hutt', he said... The frekking *Tibanna gas*?!

The four-armed scoundrel starts walking along the corridor once more, resuming their inspection of the place, thoughts running in his head like mad. He hasn't quite forgotten about his jacket though, or who'se lying under it either (sometimes it's the little things that count): A nod of the head the way they just came, "Say, Demaws man, haw much fawr that little number back there..? I think I'd rather like her." His grin is not wide, but it is *definitively* playful -- in a firaxan shark sort of a way.

<Response Demos?>

OOC: Sloor will question a couple more slaves, but I expect the same type of answers, right Possum? If so we can starts heading back to the palace anytime you want.

Last edited:

possum

First Post
Mack & Mir

Darga thinks for a few seconds, appraising the situation. "Expect them to move against me when the trap is triggered," he adds. "Be cautious, however, it serves no one if you and my guards move too soon."

Sloor, Darius and TB

Demos has a slight smile on his face that could make your stomach crawl. "Slavery is always viable..." The four of you continue your walk down the pens, the majority of those slaves have just slightly varied versions of the same tale, but know nothing of the overall reason for their work.

"And the woman," Demos says as he turns his head towards Sloor, "is likely not suited for the purpose that you wish, but I'd say around... 500 credits would suffice."

Songdragon

Explorer
Mir bows her head,"Thank you for hearing us Lord Darga. We will be ready."

"We should get some rest, to be at our best. With your permission?" Mir asks to depart.

Departing... "Lets get some rest..." and she looks at Mack and adds, "In our own rooms... I am sure Sloor will be back, soon."

She sends Sloor a message, "You and TB should head back and get some rest, lots to do tomorrow."

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
"The woman," Demos says as he turns his head towards Sloor, "is likely not suited for the purpose that you wish, but I'd say around... 500 credits would suffice."
Sloor laughs, amused (that Demos spirk has some good qualities too, it seems): "Saw she's useless taw me but I shawld *still* pay prime prices fawr her? Is that any way taw talk taw nawble Darga's new favawrite mercenary captain? Whaw frecsing knaws when a spirk might need a few... favawrs, right Demaws? Frankly, I'm a bit surprised you're nawt wrapping her up free awf charge as a small, tasteful welcawme gift fawr me and my spirks..." His grin sharpens, fully in his element now.

<Response Demos?>

The four of them continue their walk down the pens, the majority of those slaves have just slightly varied versions of the same tale, but know nothing of the overall reason for their work, if any.
"Frankly, I'm impressed," admits Sloor after he's seen the med room - 'infirmary' might be pushing it a bit -, the last stop in their visit. "You seem taw have the bases cawvered here, Demaws man. Shawrt awf bacta tanks..." which are *way* too expensive, "... Haw abawt fawrced cawma therapy? Give the bawdy time taw rebuilt, and you can stack them high... Drugs and the intravenous goop might be a bit awf an investment thawgh..."

<Response Demos?>

She sends Sloor a message, "You and TB should head back and get some rest, lots to do tomorrow."
Sloor grins, liking the understatement. "Is there naw?" His grin sharpens as he glances back: "And naw rest fawr Darius, uh? Too bad fawr you, dark awne." Back to Mir, "Well, saw lang as you spirks are there taw meet the imperials tawnight, I guess you've gawt free *quarters*, sra." There is strange emphasis on the next to last word, accompanied by a raised brow ridge.

<Response Mir?>

OOC: Unless I miss my guess, I think we're only something like a little past noon at the latest. The slavers came for their confab at the end of breakfast/brunch, followed by the room discussion and them the Slave Pen visit/B&E session. I'm fairly sure the Imp visit is scheduled for this evening though, not tomorrow.
OOC: Starting to head back to the castle.

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Mack Granger, Human Male Soldier

Mack looks at her through his helmet's optically enhanced sensors, with his head tilted, "Aw, what do mean our own rooms? Shouldn't we keep up appearances while we seclude ourselves away until our four-armed leader returns."

"Safety in numbers..."

[sblock=Mini Stats]DP: 4 (Rescue) FP: 6
Init: +10 Perception: +10(+8 without Helmet)
HP: 55 (17 Threshold) Current: 55 CT: 0
Reflex: 21 (18ff) Fort: 17 Will: 15

Weapon in Hand: Blaster rifle

Attack Options: Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Battle Analysis, Cover Fire, Running Attack, Quick Draw, Rapid Shot[/sblock]___________________________________

MackSmall.jpg
Mack Granger

Songdragon

Explorer
The woman just smiles and shakes her head at Mack as she responds to Sloor, "I suppose you can bring Darius back, I thought maybe you might have sold him by now." she adds in jest.

(( I thought it was night time... later into the evening that is... Possum, time of day? ))

possum

First Post
OOC: I interpret it to be just early afternoon as well.

"250, then," Demos offers Sloor.

"We have been thinking of investing in such medical technology," he adds after the inspection in the medlab. "I do believe that our overseer here is accepting bids from companies in the very near future."

Remove ads