He-Man,Thundercats & Co: Videogames of 80s cartoons - Discuss and share your ideas!

There's a Voltron game available on PSN, it seems pretty decent, played through the demo. Its pretty standard arcade fare, you pick a lion and then blast away at bad guys until you get to the boss battle, if youre playing multiplayer you can appreantly join up to form Voltron: Defender of the Universe!

One of the coolest parts of the game, I thought, was when you pause it, you hear Optimus Prime say, "Voltron will be right back after these important messages" and then "We now return to Voltron: Defender of the Universe!" when you unpause it. Pretty kool.

Cherno

Explorer
I forgot that there's also a Thundercats game on the Amiga and other game system of the era (around 1990), I had it as a kid and playedit back then, sadly it's pretty sucky and it loops endlessly but hey, at least it's Thundercats ;)

I think there have been several Robotech, Macross etc. games, but they were never released outside Japan?

I take it you didn't play the Mechwarrior franchise that was released for the PC in the '90s? There were several games which included first-person mech combat and an RTS/RPG combo. Great games.

Doing the same in DinoRiders would be awesome, though.

Cherno

Explorer
I take it you didn't play the Mechwarrior franchise that was released for the PC in the '90s? There were several games which included first-person mech combat and an RTS/RPG combo. Great games.

Doing the same in DinoRiders would be awesome, though.

I played almost every MechWarrior game starting with MW2 and before that the Crescent Hawk's Inception on the Amiga, good games but apart from CHI there wasn't many RTS or RPG elements, were they?

sabrinathecat

Explorer
CHI was good, but there was never much point to upgrading your mech, because it wasn't needed to win the game. I did like the bit about the arms dealers selling Infernos, and using them against human targets.

I played almost every MechWarrior game starting with MW2 and before that the Crescent Hawk's Inception on the Amiga, good games but apart from CHI there wasn't many RTS or RPG elements, were they?

CHI was the one I was thinking of, but Crescent Hawk's Revenge was also a RTS, followed by MechCommander and its sequel.

Cherno

Explorer
I also want to see a Marshal Bravestarr game, basically like Red Dead Redemption (I never played it but it looks cool in videos). 80-80 would make the perfect companion/mount!

1a7c7739a019877342370af0f5bc13fdbravestarr_logo.jpg

Remove ads