Head of the class (stonegod judging)[Concluded]

IcyCool

First Post
Mad Dog narrows his eyes slightly at Raven's casual claim, but doesn't comment on it. When values are estimated, Mad Dog's crew claims the remaining weapons and armor, and a little less than half the coins and trade goods. The party's share comes to 1,709.75 gp, plus the potions and the figurine.

"We'll just grab these and take our leave, if you don't mind." Mad Dog's men pack up their share of the loot and start to leave slowly by the front entrance, keeping a close eye on the party. "It's been a pleasure doin' business with you." Mad Dog pauses for a moment, and then follows his men out.

After Mad Dog and his men have gone, Loris lets out a breath he was holding and thanks you repeatedly for rescuing him. "I can't thank you enough, really. If you like, I'll identify those magical items for you. Free of charge, even. I'd feel guilty charging you for the figurine and potions at any rate, as I already know what they are."

[sblock=Magic Items (Identified)]Potions are all potions of Cure Light Wounds
Figurine is a Figurine of Wonderous Power [Silver Raven]
Wand (which you got from the cultists at Reeger's lab) is a Wand of Burning Hands, with all 50 charges remaining
[/sblock]

OOC: So I've got good news and bad news. The good news is that with the exception of a little roleplaying, we are done with "Head of the Class". The bad news is that as of noon today, my workload has doubled (co-worker just resigned, and I got his workload), and I was informed that my long-standing offer of a 7th Sea game for my tabletop group has been accepted. Both of those mean I will have little to no time for running a sequel at this time.

I can do one of two things:

1. Keep ahold of the few notes I have for a sequel to this adventure and run it again when I have more time (the 7th Sea game will probably go 6-8 months).

2. Compile everything I have, write it down, and give it to another LEB soul who is willing to DM the adventure in my stead.

Thoughts?

Patlin

Explorer
IcyCool said:
I can do one of two things:

1. Keep ahold of the few notes I have for a sequel to this adventure and run it again when I have more time (the 7th Sea game will probably go 6-8 months).

2. Compile everything I have, write it down, and give it to another LEB soul who is willing to DM the adventure in my stead.

Thoughts?[/i]

ooc: I think option 1 would be better. Stepping in for someone else is hard, and should probably be reserved for situations where the DM vanishes mid adventure. We're at a natural end point, so no need to call for a friendly DM to take heroic action. ;)

Patlin

Explorer
[Sblock=Anvuss contemplates applying the new resources towards his vocation.]Comments and math corrections welcome.

Scrolls from the Paladin spell list
Bless Weapon x2
Lesser Restoration x4

Base price calculations
I believe that since a Paladin capable of casting these spells would have a minimum caster level of 2, I must use a value of 2 or greater for the CL.

Spell Level (1) x CL (2) x 25 gp = 50 gp each (base)
Cost to scribe = 2 xp and 25 gp each
Total, all 6 spells = 12 xp and 150 gp

Have I got that right?

Also, I'm thinking about expeditious retreat x3 and mount x3, but those are easy to calculate. They'll cost 3 xp and 37.5 gp per scroll of 3.[/sblock]

Last edited:

drothgery

First Post
OOC: Because three active PBPs is more than I think I can handle effectively right now, Tali's probably going to be semi-retired at the conclusion of this adventure.

Someone

Adventurer
ooc: I also think option 1 would be best. As for the magic items, I'm not too interested on them: Seat can use the wand, since Burning hands appears in the Fire domain, but 1d4 damage, Reflex half isn't exactly enough to tick me. I'm for sharing the cure potions between us and sell the rest.

Can anyone remind me how much do we get, counting what we got earlier? Also, would anyone think Shoot would oppose to help Seat make a couple scrolls (Shoot casting the spells and Seat spending the Craft points and money)?

Last, would be possible to buy some 1st and 2nd level Adept scrolls (or convince an Adept to cooperate when making the scrolls)? Adepts are supposed to be the most common spellcasters, perhaps after magewrights.

Patlin

Explorer
ooc: Shoot and I did the same earlier, but it does cost him craft days, so there should be something in it for him. In our case, I made two scrolls of the same value and we each got one. I guess based on that silliness in the erratta, I can't make any scrolls usefull to you? We nixed that in my face to face game, but it's probably cannon for LEB.

Manzanita

First Post
Raven moves to shake Mad Dog's hand before he goes. "It was nice working with you. Perhaps we'll meet again. You can look me up at the Sharn tavern or at House Orien. I am Raven Thorn. Good luck at the Bakery."

To Loris:" Tell us what happened. We are here for you, on behest of Professer Reeger. Did these men kidnap you and the codex, then brainwash you?"

OOC: I'm for option 1 as well. By the way, what is 7th Sea?

The silver raven is worth 3800 gold. Raven would love to keep it, as it is her namesake. But since it constitues some 60% of the party's treasure value, and isn't nearly as useful to her as MW studded leather and a darkwood sheild, I suppose she'll advocate selling it. Potions are definitely worth keeping.

Thus party treasure is 1,709.75 gp of equip plus 3800 of magic. Sell the magic for half, to get a total value of 3609.75 gp, or 721.95 gps divided 5 ways. For Raven, subtract 315 for a MW longsword, for her total of 406.95 gps left. Am I right? Or do I only subtract half the MW sword value?

Someone

Adventurer
Manzanita said:
Or do I only subtract half the MW sword value?

ooc: It'll probably be better if we make the calculation based on the sell value, instead of the full value. I suppose that with El Jefe MIA and artificers casting spells that are not arcane nor divine, I'll have to rely on buying scrolls to expand my prayerbook. I understand that there won't be much problem if they don't belong to exotic spell lists or domains.

Last edited:

Someone

Adventurer
"Let's return to Morgrave immediately. We're but done here, and I don't know how much do the remains of there will last before it's too deteriorated to give any additional information with a post mortem study" Seat holds the sack with the dead vargouille. "I'm sure Loris also favors the idea, and we can speak with him and fill any details on his kidnapping on the way up"

Remove ads