Heart of Artifice Temporary 2--Aethelus Alone

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Since this was an issue for me previously, I will point out that by description, the construct is Size Large. Additionally, Aethelus can see that it has reach (and it will have up to four squares of reach once it has both its spear and slam attacks available) I don't know if that changes your action.)

Erekose13

Explorer
(ooc: gotcha so as a 2nd level artificer alone he's pretty screwed if he doesnt just try to run away)

Aethelus backs away towards the wall he came from.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Well, Large constructs do have 30 bonus HP above and beyond Hit Dice :uhoh: I have it on fairly good word that a level 2 Artificer could beat it, but it's a dangerous risk)

*Aethelus backs all the way to the wall from where he appeared. The construct stops counting.*

"-SUFFICIENT-" it pronounces.

Rystil Arden

First Post
*The construct does not answer. It picks up its spear and simply stands, as if waiting for Aethelus to either leave or walk forward and be attacked.*

Erekose13

Explorer
Aethelus pulls out his crossbow and begins inscribing an infusion on it (personal weapon augmentation: construct bane). He'll take the full minute provided the thing doesn't react any further.

Erekose13

Explorer
(ooc: alright, powerup time. I'll have to put some thought into this, but i'll be pulling out all the stops :) will post it all tomorrow(ish))

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Oh, you're going to try to beat it down to 0 HP? Hmm, good luck! With the right infusions, I guess you can probably do it, but it'll be rough alone)

Erekose13

Explorer
(ooc: Okay I want to clarify a few things tactically first. How big is the room? how far is it from my current position to the statue? How far is it from either side wall? and how far from the big open wall into space?

the plan I want to check is feasible would be to cast Alter Self to gain wings, fly out past the statue (hopefully not getting hit more than once), attack from range with crossbow while flying. If that's not possible, he'll probably reconsider things an possibly give up and try to head back through the wall.)

Remove ads