• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Heart of Nightfang Spire] Core Teleportation Question

Mean DM

Explorer
Morning all! My players have once again subverted a perfectly good linear adventure. I love these guys. Truly! As of last session, they have successfully bored through the tower to the metal core. Then they proceeded to use some ingenious magic to remove the 6’’ of iron in front of them. Now they are standing on the catwalk and all hell is about to break out ;). My question is this: Can Gulthias teleport a monster into the core if that monster was not originally sent from it? The module reads, “Any creature that has walked through the gazeway can be similarly recalled from a keyed room.” I’m inclined to say that he can’t, but I’m not sure. The reason I ask is that I was thinking of the Rat Bastardly option of Gulthias pulling in the Tombstone Golem (Area 58 has a symbol) for backup. Any input is greatly appreciated.

Raesene Andu

First Post
I'd be inclined to say that he can do anything you want him to. Unless the PCs have a copy of the adventure you are using, how will they know what this Gulthias guy can or can't do?

Personally I quite like creating adventures on the fly, and making changes to adjust to PC actions.

AuraSeer

Prismatic Programmer
IIRC, the forbiddance effect only works when the Core is closed. If the players have managed to bore a new aperture in the Core, I'd say it is no longer fully closed, and teleport effects can work normally.

Remove ads