• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Heirs to the Burning Thrones - Active - Roll-call!

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
rangerjohn said:
So I take it your playing a female?
Yes, playing a flame touched female, that's pretty much more than meets the eye...

Or that's the plan I'm having an issue finding the classes I want. :\

Last edited:

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Okay Isida wanted me to pass this on to everyone... It's the rules for Fractional Base Bonuses, but basically it comes down to this.

Saves
At first level you get a + 2 1/2 to your good saves, this is the only time you get the +2 from a PrC or another class.

After that you get a 1/2 for a good save and a 1/3 for a poor save.

BAB
Poor BAB: +1/3
Med BAB: +3/4
Full BAB: +1

Also my charcter classes are: Unfettered /9 Rogue /5 Seductress /5

rangerjohn

Explorer
Brother Shatterstone said:
Okay Isida wanted me to pass this on to everyone... It's the rules for Fractional Base Bonuses, but basically it comes down to this.

Saves
At first level you get a + 2 1/2 to your good saves, this is the only time you get the +2 from a PrC or another class.

After that you get a 1/2 for a good save and a 1/3 for a poor save.

BAB
Poor BAB: +1/3
Med BAB: +3/4
Full BAB: +1

Also my charcter classes are: Unfettered /9 Rogue /5 Seductress /5

Can you please explain this better. I just used to better of the raw numbers at each level. For example if a Fighter 4 had reflex +1 and Rogue 1 had +2, I used +2 as my reflex save at 4th level.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
rangerjohn said:
Can you please explain this better.

Not really sure but they say a picture is worth a thousand words... So lets find out:
example.jpg

Now at first level I chose unfettered and rogue, which gives me a good reflex save while the fortitude and the will saves are poor. (poor: 0 good: 2 1/2)

From 2 to 5 level there where no other changes. (poor: 1/3 good: 1/2)

At 6th level she takes the seductress PrC, normally this would good a +2 to Reflex and will save, but in this format there simply good saves. (poor: 1/3 good: 1/2)

Notice at 10th level she has a 3/4 BAB, she only has one class due to her LA, and the seductress has a medium BAB, like a cleric or a rouge.)

Also note the rounding: Why the Will save is almost 4 after 10 levels it's still not there and it's rounded down.

rangerjohn

Explorer
Not really sure but they say a picture is worth a thousand words... So lets find out:
*snip*

Now at first level I chose unfettered and rogue, which gives me a good reflex save while the fortitude and the will saves are poor. (poor: 0 good: 2 1/2)

From 2 to 5 level there where no other changes. (poor: 1/3 good: 1/2)

At 6th level she takes the seductress PrC, normally this would good a +2 to Reflex and will save, but in this format there simply good saves. (poor: 1/3 good: 1/2)

Notice at 10th level she has a 3/4 BAB, she only has one class due to her LA, and the seductress has a medium BAB, like a cleric or a rouge.)

Also note the rounding: Why the Will save is almost 4 after 10 levels it's still not there and it's rounded down.
That Really looks complicated, and wouldn't the LA come at 1st level? It actually works out to the same numbers. The only change is I have a ref save of 4.5 rounded to 4, rather than a straight 4.

Last edited:

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
rangerjohn said:
That Really looks complicated
It's not, it's basic simple fractions. :)

rangerjohn said:
And wouldn't the LA come at 1st level?

The LA is up to Isida, aka the DM as it's not covered at all in UA, it really doesn't matter to much on my PC and I'm willing to adjust to how she wants it, I had sort of hoped to do the reduced LA but where not using it.

If a character has a LA of higher than a +2 how would it have a class at all? ;)

I guess we could do single levels, aka no gestalt levels, until the LA adjustment is meet.

Last edited:

rangerjohn

Explorer
I guess we could do single levels, aka no gestalt levels, until the LA adjustment is meet.
That's what I did. But like you said, I guess it doesn't make a difference.

Last edited:

rangerjohn

Explorer
My character is different than yours... There are combos where it does make a difference, and it should be standardized. :)

Actually, thinking about it, the LA should come first, otherwise you qualify for prestiege classes to soon. Working it out it's the opposite, I had switch out either Bondblade or Desert Ranger for Rogue.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads