Hellraiser 2022 Spoilers

It was slow in parts, but I loved it.

All the new Cenobites were great, I adore Jamie's new Pinhead, The Gasp is also particularly great, as are many of the cenobites.

I love the new configurations like in addition to Lament, we now have Levithian, Liminal, Lazarus, Laduant, Lore, and that they left a couple as mysteries for sequel to explore.

The blade on the box makes it potentially an interesting weapon for serial killer.

I can see so much room for sequels or even a TV series spun offs.

The lead actresses exploration of addiction was well done.

Thoughts?

Just watched it. Hellraiser is one of my favorite horror franchises. This was a solid addition to the series and I enjoyed it overall.

I would say that the highs were high and the lows were low. I like the new cenobites. The production values of key segments were quite good. The plot with Riley, Trevor, et al, was well done. That said, I really wonder what the production budget was, because it seemed like they went really cheap occasionally. While the effects and feel of the cenobites were good, their motivations and raison d'etre were relatively weak. The torture device that Voight was stuck in was particularly disappointing on many fronts.

My Hellraiser tier list, in order of release date:

Top tier - Classics
Hellraiser
Hellbound: Hellraiser II

Good tier - Solid horror moves
Hellraiser: Inferno
Hellraiser: Hellseeker
Hellraiser: Deader
Hellraiser (2022)

Fun In A Low Quality Way tier
Hellraiser III: Hell on Earth
Hellraiser: Bloodline
Hellraiser: Hellworld

Terrible tier
Hellraiser: Revelations
Hellraiser: Judgement

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Caveat while I do like Clive Barkers work, I dont like gore so dont watch much horror. But as it was late and I couldnt sleep I decided to try this (So tiredness may have clouded my judgement) - anyway:

It was okay, but never really engaged me, failed to give any scares -like Frank rising from a pool of blood did in 1986 -that might be because it was too dark to see anything (and I’m not 14)

I did like Rileys addiction story and the different configurations having different purposes, but Voight with the gears through his chest seemed more cartoonish than horror

Caveat while I do like Clive Barkers work, I dont like gore so dont watch much horror. But as it was late and I couldnt sleep I decided to try this (So tiredness may have clouded my judgement) - anyway:

It was okay, but never really engaged me, failed to give any scares -like Frank rising from a pool of blood did in 1986 -that might be because it was too dark to see anything (and I’m not 14)

I did like Rileys addiction story and the different configurations having different purposes, but Voight with the gears through his chest seemed more cartoonish than horror

That mechanism tighted and released his entire pain nervious system.

Just watched it. Hellraiser is one of my favorite horror franchises. This was a solid addition to the series and I enjoyed it overall.

I would say that the highs were high and the lows were low. I like the new cenobites. The production values of key segments were quite good. The plot with Riley, Trevor, et al, was well done. That said, I really wonder what the production budget was, because it seemed like they went really cheap occasionally. While the effects and feel of the cenobites were good, their motivations and raison d'etre were relatively weak. The torture device that Voight was stuck in was particularly disappointing on many fronts.

My Hellraiser tier list, in order of release date:

Top tier - Classics
Hellraiser
Hellbound: Hellraiser II

Good tier - Solid horror moves
Hellraiser: Inferno
Hellraiser: Hellseeker
Hellraiser: Deader
Hellraiser (2022)

Fun In A Low Quality Way tier
Hellraiser III: Hell on Earth
Hellraiser: Bloodline
Hellraiser: Hellworld

Terrible tier
Hellraiser: Revelations
Hellraiser: Judgement

I'd personally put 2022 in the top tier, because I liked the expansion of the mythology that opens up all kinds of possibilities for future movies, like expliribg Laudent, Lore, and Lazarus, among other possibilities like what if the box because the preferred weapon of a serial killer.

I'd personally put 2022 in the top tier, because I liked the expansion of the mythology that opens up all kinds of possibilities for future movies, like expliribg Laudent, Lore, and Lazarus, among other possibilities like what if the box because the preferred weapon of a serial killer.

I'll consider raising 2022 to top tier if they can make an intriguing sequel or two. I agree that there's a lot of potential for their take on the box, but so far it's just potential.

I'll consider raising 2022 to top tier if they can make an intriguing sequel or two. I agree that there's a lot of potential for their take on the box, but so far it's just potential.

I hope it's potential that gets realized. I'd also love to see them explore the obvious connections to Greek mythology, Pandora's Box, the chains of Hephaestus, etc...

Remove ads