• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Hell's Heart is up at Dungeon

hexgrid

Explorer
Lord Tirian said:
The layout still makes no sense. The ornamental frame is on the same side, every time. This makes no sense, if you print it double-sided.

I like it better that way, because I almost always print single-sided.

WayneLigon

Adventurer
GQuail said:
And you can always go the angle of having someone actively return him to crazyness for whatever reason: in my own campaign, a psionic murderer (one of few of his kind) has just been cracked out by another party because they want to use his rare talents as part of their own goals.

DING! We have a winner! I've been wondering how to add in the psionics content of Eberron; for some reason we've almost completely ignored that aspect of the setting. So I could easily have some old enemy of Viktor's turn his mind inside out, saying 'Sorry, Viktor, but I need you mad....'

Keefe the Thief

Adventurer
WayneLigon said:
Hell's Heart, the third in the Viktor Saint-Demain trilogy of Eberron adventures, is up on the Dungeon site. The interior art for the adventure takes another significant up-tick for this second online adventure; more of it, and all of it new. I can't wait to run this, which will require a bit of finagling on my part since in my game, Viktor was cured of his insanity and now tends bees in a quiet Cliffside retreat and solves mysteries around his dinner table.

YES!!

Uh, oh, ah... nothing to be seen here, move along. :heh:

Stoat

Adventurer
I haven't had a chance to read the adventure and probably won't get to for a few days. Can someone tell me:

a) Does it use the encoutner format,

b) If so, are the encounter areas more detailed than in the new Tsojcanth adventure?

WayneLigon

Adventurer
Stoat said:
a) Does it use the encoutner format,
b) If so, are the encounter areas more detailed than in the new Tsojcanth adventure?

a) Yes
b) Considerably more so, though that wouldn't be hard. Tsojcanth was basically a series of caves and 'stuff what lives that that cave'. The encounter areas here are rooms or sections with interesting stuff in them and interesting things to do.

WhatGravitas

Explorer
hexgrid said:
I like it better that way, because I almost always print single-sided.
If they start real tech-fu, they'd made the borders on an extra layer, so you can print either single- or double-sided... but I have a double-sided printer, and he looks sad, if I don't use the function! ;)

But these are minor quibbles - more important: How can I get Logue's brain? ;)

Cheers, LT.

blargney the second

blargney the minute's son
mhensley said:
They need to put the level range of the adventure in its description.
It's level 10. It's in the third paragraph of the opening section.

As for the format, it's actually pretty darn good for a printable PDF. I've had my share of PDFs with really wonky backgrounds and trimmings that just made it print plain old badly.
-blarg

blargney the second

blargney the minute's son
Nicloas, good job on Hell's Heart! I'm really looking forward to running it. :)

Is there a Scale This Adventure bit, or did I just miss it altogether?

Nlogue

First Post
blargney the second said:
Nicloas, good job on Hell's Heart! I'm really looking forward to running it. :)

Is there a Scale This Adventure bit, or did I just miss it altogether?

Thanks blargney! I don't think there is a scaling the adventure sidebar. Pretty easy to figure though since almost every adversary is classed and leveled, so you'd just have to adjust them up or down.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads